Have you ever seen someone using the internet slang term orc during an online conversation or in a text message and wondered what it means? We are going to take a look at the meaning of this slang term as well as finding out where it originally came from. We are also going to look at some examples of conversations in which the slang appears in order to better understand how it works.
What Does Orc Mean?
The meaning of the internet slang term orc refers to someone who takes part in online trolling which is an activity where the person purposefully sets out to make demeaning or bullying comments to other people online.
Origin of Orc
The internet slang term orc finds its origins from the fictional monster known as an orc, this creature can be seen in such stories as The Lord of the rings.
The internet slang term orc does not have any other meanings.
There may be many times in which you might come across the slang term orc in an online situation, we will now look at some examples of conversation in which we can see the term being used.
The first conversation is happening on an Instagram thread.
- Person 1: Check out my new dress.
- Person 2: OMG, that is awful, you look so fat.
- Person 1: Don’t be such an orc.
The next conversation is taking place between two people over text message.
- Person 1: Did you see all the comments on Dan’s Facebook status?
- Person 2: I did, there were some really awful ones from Amy.
- Person 1: She is well known for being a nasty little orc.
The final conversation is happening between two people on an online forum.
- Person 1: She is so ugly, she looks like the back end of a dog.
- Person 2: Who asked for your opinion you ugly orc?
Other Ways to Say the Slang
There are other ways in which you might say the internet slang term orc, here are some examples of things you could say which mean the same thing.
ORC Meaning Infographic
Last Updated on March 17, 2021