Outdoor activities (outdoor recreation) refer to leisure pursuits engaged in the outdoors, often in natural or semi-natural settings out of town.
Examples of Outdoor activities include adventure racing, backpacking, cycling, camping, canoeing, canyoning, caving, disc golf, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, hunting, kayaking, rock climbing, running, sailing, skiing, surfing, ATV riding, and sports.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 List of Outdoor Activities
- 1.1 Swing
- 1.2 Seesaw
- 1.3 Slide
- 1.4 Tunnel
- 1.5 Jungle gym
- 1.6 Sandbox
- 1.7 Spring horse
- 1.8 Monkey bars
- 1.9 Merry-go-round
- 1.10 Outdoor movies
- 1.11 Sports
- 1.12 Yoga
- 1.13 Kite flying
- 1.14 Camping
- 1.15 Photography
- 1.16 Picnic
- 1.17 Gardening
- 1.18 Rock climbing
- 1.19 Water park
- 1.20 Swimming
- 1.21 Bungee jumping
- 1.22 Hot air balloon rides
- 1.23 Cycling
- 1.24 Street hockey
- 1.25 Running
- 1.26 Walking
- 1.27 Water balloon fight
- 1.28 Fishing
- 1.29 Surfing
- 1.30 Canoeing
- 1.31 Water skiing
- 1.32 Skiing
- 2 Outdoor Activities Vocabulary | Image
- 3 Outdoor Activities Vocabulary for Kids
List of Outdoor Activities
– The kids took turns on the swing.
– The children are playing at seesaw.
– There were lots of children on the slide.
– The children are playing on the tunnel.
– Do you like to play on the jungle gym?
– We play in the best sandbox.
– I ride a tiny spring horse.
– His classroom window is next to the monkey bars there.
– The girls wanted the merry-go-round to go faster.
– The city also sponsors free outdoor movies in the Infinity Park stadium.
– I didn’t think you liked sports.
– She does yoga for an hour a day.
– Kite flying is popular among people of all ages.
– We used to go camping every summer when we were students.
– Her hobbies include hiking and photography.
– We decided to have a picnic down by the lake.
– It’s my brother who does the gardening.
– There’s a lot of danger in rock climbing.
– We’ve been to water parks all over the country in the past.
– I often go swimming in summer.
– I was going to go bungee jumping, but I chickened out.
Hot air balloon rides
– We took the hot air balloon rides, just for laughs.
– We did about 30 miles a day on our cycling trip.
– He plays street hockey in the winter.
– Did you go running this morning?
– He has gone on a walking tour.
Water balloon fight
– Let’s have a water balloon fight.
– They can go fishing in the lake.
– They go surfing every weekend.
– They do lots of fun outdoor activities like canoeing, hiking and camping.
– Peter offered to teach them water skiing.
– Skiing has become very popular recently.