Outdoor Activities! List of different types of outdoor activities in English with pictures and examples. Are you someone who loves to spend time outdoors and take part in outdoor activities? If you are, then you might like to be able to talk about these hobbies in English. That is where this vocabulary will come in very handy.
It is also going to prove useful when listening to other people talking about certain outdoor activities that they enjoy as well as being great for when you are on an excursion in an English speaking country and there are a selection of outdoor activities on offer.
Outdoor activities (outdoor recreation) refer to leisure pursuits engaged in the outdoors, often in natural or semi-natural settings out of town. Examples of outdoor activities include adventure racing, backpacking, cycling, camping, canoeing, disc golf, fishing, hiking, sailing, skiing, surfing, and different types of sports.
List of Outdoor Activities
- Jungle gym
- Spring horse
- Monkey bars
- Outdoor movies
- Kite flying
- Rock climbing
- Water park
- Bungee jumping
- Hot air balloon rides
- Street hockey
- Water balloon fight
- Water skiing
Outdoor Activity Names with Pictures and Examples
Learn these outdoor activity names to improve your English.
– The kids took turns on the swing.
– The children are playing at seesaw.
– There were lots of children on the slide.
– The children are playing on the tunnel.
– Do you like to play on the jungle gym?
– We play in the best sandbox.
– I ride a tiny spring horse.
– His classroom window is next to the monkey bars there.
– The girls wanted the merry-go-round to go faster.
– The city also sponsors free outdoor movies in the Infinity Park stadium.
– I didn’t think you liked sports.
– She does yoga for an hour a day.
– Kite flying is popular among people of all ages.
– We used to go camping every summer when we were students.
– Her hobbies include hiking and photography.
– We decided to have a picnic down by the lake.
– It’s my brother who does the gardening.
– There’s a lot of danger in rock climbing.
– We’ve been to water parks all over the country in the past.
– I often go swimming in summer.
– I was going to go bungee jumping, but I chickened out.
Hot air balloon rides
– We took the hot air balloon rides, just for laughs.
– We did about 30 miles a day on our cycling trip.
– He plays street hockey in the winter.
– Did you go running this morning?
– He has gone on a walking tour.
Water balloon fight
– Let’s have a water balloon fight.
– They can go fishing in the lake.
– They go surfing every weekend.
– They do lots of fun outdoor activities like canoeing, hiking and camping.
– Peter offered to teach them water skiing.
– Skiing has become very popular recently.
Outdoor Activities Vocabulary | Image
Outdoor Activities Video for Kids
Learn outdoor vocabulary words with American English pronunciation.