Outdoor games and activities may refer to a team sport game or practice held in an outdoor setting. When the recreation involves excitement, physical challenge, or risk, such as in rafting or climbing, it is sometimes referred to as adventure recreation. The two primary purposes for outdoor recreation are beneficial use and pleasurable appreciation.
Outdoor games activities may also be pursued for the purposes of finding peace in nature, enjoying life, and relaxing. They are alternatives to expensive forms of tourism. Outdoor activities are also frequently used as a medium in education and team building.
Learn English vocabulary for Outdoor Games and Activities through pictures.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
Camping Tool Set Vocabulary
Learn camping vocabulary through pictures.
- Match – a small wooden or paper stick with a special substance at the top, that you use to light a fire, cigarette, …
- Compass – an instrument that shows directions and has a needle that always points north
- Axe – a tool with a heavy metal blade on the end of a long handle, used to cut down trees or split pieces of wood
- Lantern – a lamp that you can carry, consisting of a metal container with glass sides that surrounds a flame or light
- Tent – a shelter consisting of a sheet of cloth supported by poles and ropes, used especially for camping
- Backpack – a bag used for carrying things on your back, especially by people on long walks
- Skewer – a long metal or wooden stick that is put through pieces of meat to hold them together while they are cooked
- Torch – a small electric lamp that you carry in your hand
Here is list of words that you will need to use when talking about Fishing.
- Lure – an object used to attract animals or fish so that they can be caught
- Hook – a curved piece of thin metal with a sharp point for catching fish
- Net – something used for catching fish, insects, or animals which is made of threads or wires woven across each other with regular spaces between them
- Rod – a long thin pole used with a line and hook for catching fish
Outdoor Activities Vocabulary
Let’s learn names of common Outdoor Activities in English.
- Yoga – a system of exercises that help you control your mind and body in order to relax
- Sport – a physical activity in which people compete against each other
- Swimming – the sport of moving yourself through water using your arms and legs
- Surfing – the activity or sport of riding over the waves on a special board
- Skiing – the sport of moving down hills, across land in the snow, or on water wearing skis
- Picnic – if you have a picnic, you take food and eat it outdoors, especially in the country