Parts of a Bird! List of different bird parts with bird anatomy pictures and examples. Learn these bird body parts names to increase your vocabulary about animal body parts in English.
Learn more with useful list of bird names in English.
Parts of a Bird
Bird Parts List
- Undertail feathers
- Uppertail feathers
Bird Anatomy Image
Parts of a Bird Names with Pictures and Examples
Forehead is the area at the front of a bird’s head, above the bill and in front of the eyes.
The bird is recognizable by its flattened beak.
The chin is the area of feathers immediately adjacent to the base of a bird’s mandible.
Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.
A bird’s throat may be a different color from its surrounding plumage, or it may be marked with spots, streaks or lines.
Birds’ wings are their upper limbs used for flight.
The thigh bone is connected to the hip bone.
Many birds’ foot are the same color as their legs, but not always.
The short feathers beneath the tail are the undertail feathers, and these feathers often show unique colors or markings that can distinguish bird species.
The length, shape and colors of a bird’s tail are important for proper identification.
The uppertail and undertail feathers cover the base of the tail feathers above and below.
A bird’s rump is the patch above the tail and low on the back.
A bird’s back is often broad and easy to see in the right posture.
The nape is directly behind the bird’s crown.
The crown is the top or highest part of a bird’s head, the peak of the head.
Bird Anatomy Picture
Animal Body Parts Vocabulary
- Duck anatomy in English.
- Parts of a bird with pictures.
- List of chicken parts in English.
- Parts of a bee vocabulary in English.
- List of cat parts with pictures.
- Parts of a turtle vocabulary words in English.
- Different parts of a dog with images.
- Useful parts of a cow in English.
- Different goat anatomy with images.
- Parts of a horse in English with pictures.
- Different parts of a fish in English.
- Elephant parts with pictures.
- Parts of a crab in English.
Learn different chicken parts, duck body parts, parts of a bird and parts of a bee with American English pronunciation.