Crab Anatomy! List of different parts of a crab in English with pictures and examples. The crab is a unique creature that has some body parts all of its own. For this reason, it is important to be able to refer to the various parts of a crab using their English names.
This may be important when wanting to understand spoken English, especially when thinking about things like TV shows and day to day conversation.
In this section, you will be able to advance your English vocabulary by learning the correct English names to talk about the parts of a crab.
Parts of a Crab
- Claw or chela
- Swimming legs
- Walking legs
Crab Body Parts Image
Crab Parts with Examples
Learn these crab parts names to improve and enhance your vocabulary words in English about animal body parts.
Claw or chela
It has three pairs of legs, each ending in a large claw/ cela.
Antenna allow the crab to interact with its environment by touch and chemoreception.
Eyes of the crab are visual organs mounted on the ends of eyestalks.
Dactyl is metrical foot consisting of one accented syllable followed by two unaccented, as in flattery.
Carpus is heavy – boned, wider front than at the side.
The cephalothorax is the fused head and thorax parts of the crab, similar to those of a spider.
Unlike the cephalothorax, the abdomen of the crab is soft and unprotected.
Swimming legs are the last paired abdominal appendages, flattened for swimming.
Walking legs of a crab are used for movement; crabs are capable of walking forward or diagonally, but usually they walk sideways.
Crab Anatomy Image
Animal Body Parts Vocabulary
- Duck anatomy in English.
- Parts of a bird with pictures.
- List of chicken parts in English.
- Parts of a bee vocabulary in English.
- List of cat parts with pictures.
- Parts of a turtle vocabulary words in English.
- Different parts of a dog with images.
- Useful parts of a cow in English.
- Different goat anatomy with images.
- Parts of a horse in English with pictures.
- Different parts of a fish in English.
- Elephant parts with pictures.
- Parts of a crab in English.