Turtle Anatomy! List of different parts of a turtle in English with pictures and examples. Turtles are a popular choice of pet and so you may often come across someone who wishes to talk about their pet turtle. They are also an animal which features heavily in various nature documentaries and so it is important that you know how to talk about them and their various parts.
You are now going to look at and learn the names for the different parts of a turtle in the English language. This is a great way to be able to describe these animals and add vital words to your vocabulary.
Different Parts of a Turtle
- Front leg
- Pygal shield
- Marginal shield
- Hind leg
- Costal shell
- Vertebral shell
- Nuchal shell
Turtle Parts with Pictures and Examples
Learn these turtle body parts names to enlarge your vocabulary words about animal body parts in English.
A good head and an industrious hand are worth gold in any land.
What the eye sees not, the heart craves not.
A sweet smell greeted the nose.
An enemy’s mouth seldom speaks well.
Mandible is the lower jaw of the turtle.
Neck of a turtle is the part between the head and the body.
My turtle front leg has swollen up. Why and what Can I do?
A turtle’s tail houses its reproductive organs, so without it, a turtle could not reproduce.
Pygal shield is the scale situated above the tail
Parts of a Turtle | Picture
Animal Body Parts Vocabulary
- Duck anatomy in English.
- Parts of a bird with pictures.
- List of chicken parts in English.
- Parts of a bee vocabulary in English.
- List of cat parts with pictures.
- Parts of a turtle vocabulary words in English.
- Different parts of a dog with images.
- Useful parts of a cow in English.
- Different goat anatomy with images.
- Parts of a horse in English with pictures.
- Different parts of a fish in English.
- Elephant parts with pictures.
- Parts of a crab in English.