Being able to refer to the various parts of the face using English words can be very useful when trying to describe what someone looks like, for example, by saying something like ‘she has a big nose.’ However, these can also be handy when talking about things such as makeup and where to apply it, in a medical situation where you need to tell a doctor about a problem on your face or just in general conversation. In this section, you will learn the English names for parts of the face.
Parts of the Face
Learn these parts of face names to increase your vocabulary words about the human body parts names.
Face Parts Names
Parts of Face Names with Pictures and Examples
– He styled his hair with gel to achieve a sleek and polished look for his job interview.
– She massaged her temples to relieve the tension and stress after a long day at work.
– She applied mascara to her eyelashes to make them look longer and fuller.
– The color of her iris was a beautiful shade of green, which complemented her red hair perfectly.
– She blushed and felt her cheeks turn red when he complimented her on her singing.
– He pinched his nostrils closed to avoid the unpleasant smell of the garbage truck as it drove by.
– She applied a coat of lip balm to her dry and chapped lips to keep them moisturized.
– He wore a necklace with a pendant that hung gracefully around his neck.
– She wiped the sweat from her forehead after finishing her morning jog.
– He raised his eyebrow in surprise when he heard the news.
– She closed her eyes and took a deep breath to calm herself down.
– His eyelids grew heavy as he tried to stay awake during the boring lecture.
– She covered her ears to block out the loud music coming from the neighbor’s house.
– He wrinkled his nose at the unpleasant smell coming from the garbage bin.
– He clenched his jaw tightly to control his anger during the argument.
– She opened her mouth wide to take a bite of the big sandwich.
– He rested his chin on his hand while he thought about what to do next.
– He twirled his moustache thoughtfully while he considered the proposal.
– He stroked his beard absentmindedly as he listened to the conversation.
– She had a small mole on her cheek that made her look even more beautiful.
– When the baby was born, the doctor noticed a small birthmark on her philtrum.
Learn more with different parts of the body in English.
Face Parts Names with Picture
Parts Of The Body in English
Learn different parts of the body with pictures.
- Types of hairstyles in English.
- Human body parts names with pictures.
- Parts of the hand in English.
- Different parts of the face with pictures.
- Parts of the mouth in English.
Video of different body parts names with American English pronunciation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the main facial features?
Your main facial features include your eyes, eyebrows, nose, mouth, cheeks, and chin. These features play a significant role in how others perceive you and express your emotions.
Can you name the parts around the eyes?
Around each eye, you can find the eyelid, eyelashes, and eyebrows. Additionally, the eye itself consists of the iris, pupil, and sclera.
Which parts of the face are involved in smiling?
When you smile, several facial muscles work together to create the expression. The main parts involved are your mouth, with your lips naturally curving upwards, the cheeks lifting, and your eyes may show a slight squint or crinkle at the corners.
What are the components of the mouth?
The mouth consists of the lips, which are the soft fleshy edges around the mouth, the teeth, and the tongue. It plays a vital role in chewing, speaking, and expressing emotions like happiness or sadness.
How would you describe the area surrounding the nose?
The area surrounding the nose includes the bridge, nostrils, and the nasolabial folds, which are the lines that extend from the nose to the corners of the mouth. Additionally, the area below the nose and above the upper lip is called the philtrum.
What are the various regions on the forehead?
The forehead is the area of your face above your eyes and below your hairline. It is divided into different regions, such as the temple area on either side of the forehead and the area directly above the eyebrows. The forehead also contains the glabella, which is the space between the eyebrows and above the nose.
Parts of the Face Vocabulary Practice
Drag and Drop
Last Updated on November 8, 2023
- Clam vs. Oyster: Difference between Oyster and Clam - December 25, 2023
- Leniency Meaning: What Does “Leniency” Mean? - December 15, 2023
- Rapport Meaning: What Does the Term “Rapport” Mean? - November 28, 2023