Parts of A House! List of different parts of the house in English with pictures and examples. Being able to refer to the parts of a house with their correct English names will greatly benefit your ability to communicate effectively. On top of this, it will ensure that you have a constantly broadening vocabulary and will help you to better understand what people are saying when talking about the parts of a house.
In this section, you will be presented with the correct English words to use when referring to the various different parts of a house.
Parts of a House
A house is a building that functions as a home, ranging from simple dwellings such as rudimentary huts of nomadic tribes and the improvised shacks in shantytowns. There are many different parts of a house.
Different Parts of the House
- Chimney pot
- Satellite dish
- Hanging basket
- Garage door
- Letter box/ Mailbox
- Door knocker
- Burglar alarm
- Dormer window
Learn these house parts names to increase your vocabulary words in English.
House Parts Names with Pictures and Examples
– We finally reached the crest of the ridge.
– The rain seeped through the roof.
– The chimney pot is purely ornamental.
– He believes Santa Claus comes in through the chimney.
– Put in a satellite dish and those people can attend meetings anywhere.
– I can hear voices through the wall.
– Would you mind if I closed the window?
– There’s even new purple on the stems of ivy in front-porch hanging baskets.
– She glanced out the tiny slits of windows in the garage door.
– In the basement, there’s no room to stash.
– You can’t park here, you’re obstructing my driveway.
– The house is encircled by a high fence.
– She led us to a room with a balcony overlooking the harbour.
– A golden key opens every door.
– He hurled the bricks through the window.
Letter box/ Mailbox
– There’s a policeman standing near the letter box.
– Our TV receives well since we had a new antenna put on.
– He moved on to larger-scale pieces like fireplace equipment and door knockers.
– She drove the car into the garage.
– In the high front gable a plaque says 1857.
– He left the shutter open.
– The skylight will provide good illumination from above.
– Jenny sat on the step in front of the house, waiting.
– I forgot to set the burglar alarm.
– He saw a stranger standing at the doorstep.
– The roof has several small dormer windows.
– He had been sheltering under the eaves.
– She ran lightly up the stairs.
Parts of the House | Pictures
Parts of a House Image 1
Parts of a House Image 2
Different Parts of the House | Parts of A House Video
Learn parts of the house video with American English pronunciation.
Around the House Vocabulary
Learn names of things around the house with pictures.