Learn Different Parts of the House in English through Pictures and Examples.
A house is a building that functions as a home, ranging from simple dwellings such as rudimentary huts of nomadic tribes and the improvised shacks in shantytowns. There are many different parts of a house.
Let’s see Parts of a House!
Different Parts of the House
Parts of the House Vocabulary
– We finally reached the crest of the ridge.
– The rain seeped through the roof.
– The chimney pot is purely ornamental.
– He believes Santa Claus comes in through the chimney.
– Put in a satellite dish and those people can attend meetings anywhere.
– I can hear voices through the wall.
– Would you mind if I closed the window?
– There’s even new purple on the stems of ivy in front-porch hanging baskets.
– She glanced out the tiny slits of windows in the garage door.
– In the basement, there’s no room to stash.
– You can’t park here, you’re obstructing my driveway.
– The house is encircled by a high fence.
– She led us to a room with a balcony overlooking the harbour.
– A golden key opens every door.
– He hurled the bricks through the window.
Letter box/ Mailbox
– There’s a policeman standing near the letter box.
– Our TV receives well since we had a new antenna put on.
– He moved on to larger-scale pieces like fireplace equipment and door knockers.
– She drove the car into the garage.
– In the high front gable a plaque says 1857.
– He left the shutter open.
– The skylight will provide good illumination from above.
– Jenny sat on the step in front of the house, waiting.
– I forgot to set the burglar alarm.
– He saw a stranger standing at the doorstep.
– The roof has several small dormer windows.
– He had been sheltering under the eaves.
– She ran lightly up the stairs.