Learn Parts of the Mouth in English through pictures and examples.
In human anatomy, the mouth is the first portion of the alimentary canal that receives food and produces saliva. The oral mucosa is the mucous membrane epithelium lining the inside of the mouth.
The mouth also plays a significant role in communication.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
Parts of the Mouth Vocabulary
– The false canine on the upper right side of his mouth began to ache.
– The hard palate and tongue are occasionally affected.
– She had big eyes and full lips.
– The soft palate is very red.
– When cleft palate occurs, the uvula is usually split.
– The taste of the chocolate was still on her tongue.
– They form spillways between teeth to direct food away from the gingiva.
– He laughed, revealing powerful white incisors.
– She is having trouble with her teeth.
– The mandible is protracted and retracted in chewing.
– The two oral papillae contiguous with the infradental papillae.
– They have incisors, premolars and molars, therefore lacking canines.