Learn commonly used party phrasal verbs in English.
List of Useful PARTY Phrasal Verbs
PARTY Phrasal Verbs
- Meaning: Fill something with air or gas
- Example: We blew up lots of balloons and hung them around the room.
- Meaning: Increase the amount of sound, heat, or light of a machine
- Example: Can you turn the volume up a bit?
- Meaning: Use your breath to make a flame stop burning
- Example: He blew out all 23 candles on his birthday cake.
- Meaning: Succeed in doing something that is difficult
- Example: We successfully pulled off a surprise birthday weekend for our mother.
- Meaning: Leave home and go somewhere, especially to do something enjoyable
- Example: For New Year’s Eve, let’s go out to a club.
- Meaning: Wear more formal or fancier clothes than you usually wear
- Example: The party is at a nice place, so I will dress up.
- Meaning: Spend time relaxing, usually with friends
- Example: In stead of a big party, I’ll invite a few friends to hang out at my house.
- Meaning: Meet someone at their home to go somewhere, often in a car
- Example: The party is at 8:00, so I’ll pick you up at 7:30.
- Meaning: Eat in a restaurant
- Example: It’s the holiday season so I will be eating out a lot.
Useful Party Phrasal Verbs | Picture
English Phrasal Verbs by Topic
How to Learn Phrasal Verbs Fast? – Learn Phrasal Verbs by Topic.