What is another word for “passion”? Following is a list of commonly used “passion” synonyms in English with useful example sentences and pictures. Learn other words to use instead of “passion” to expand your English vocabulary.
Passion Definition and Examples
Meaning of “Passion”:
The word “passion” is a noun. Passion means to have uncontrollable emotions about something or someone. It is also what Christians call the suffering of Jesus and His death on the cross.
- His passion for play video games led to him getting a job with a gaming company.
- If you have a passion for helping people feel better, then you should consider becoming a nurse or a doctor.
- The movie The Passion of the Christ is an excellent film that tells the story of the last days of Jesus’ life.
Other Words for “Passion”
Common synonyms for “Passion”.
Learn 12 commonly used synonyms for “passion” in English.
Big list of 50+ different words to use instead of “passion”.
Passion Synonyms with Examples
Learn another word for passion with example sentences.
John doesn’t hide his adoration for the girl.
She was held in deep affection by all her students.
His ardour for her cooled after only a few weeks.
He has a strong sentimental attachment to the place.
Most children have an insatiable desire for knowledge.
His devotedness for her made him blind to everything else.
He is adorable for his devotion to science.
I’ve always had a fondness for jewels.
It isn’t love, it’s just a passing infatuation.
She cannot resist her itch to travel.
His speech fired the people with keenness for the plan.
Her love for her teacher has cooled down.
More examples with the word “passion”:
- His passion is making model aircraft.
- There is not a passion so strongly rooted in the human heart as envy.
- She didn’t believe in grand passion or love at first sight.
- His passion for her made him blind to everything else.
- Flames of passion swept through both of them.
- His passion for the ballerina soon congealed.
- In her new house she had full scope for her passion for gardening.
- He returned to Britain so that he could indulge his passion for football.
Another Word for “Passion” | Infographic