Peaceful Definition and Examples
Meaning of Peaceful: The word peaceful is an adjective. It is defined as quiet, without noise, tranquil. It is also defined as the state of being without war, turmoil or violence.
- Lorraine loved to visit the meadow next to her grandmother’s house where she could enjoy reading her latest treasure in a peaceful atmosphere.
- After the war had ended and all the troops had made their way back home, it was a peaceful time filled with hope and understanding for the future.
- The peaceful night was disturbed by the sound of gunshots ringing distantly in the woods behind our house.
Synonyms for Peaceful
Frequently used synonyms for Peaceful.
- At peace
Large list of 95+ different words to use instead of “peaceful”.
- At ease
- At peace
Peaceful Synonyms with Examples
List of words to use instead of peaceful with example sentences.
- Example: The main thing is to stay calm.
- Example: She made herself comfortable in a big chair.
- Example: Are you content with your present salary?
- Example: He wanted a quiet life.
- Example: She was in a relaxed, confident mood.
- Example: I felt relieved to hear that.
- Example: We are not satisfied with these results.
- Example: She has a lovely serene face.
- Example: The kids found it hard to stay still.
- Example: The tranquil beauty of the village scenery is unique.
- Example: A warm and harmonious song has accompanied us for three years.
- Example: His manner was perfectly amicable but I felt uncomfortable.
- Example: That revolution was nonviolent.
- Example: He never felt really at peace with himself.
More examples with the word “peaceful”:
- A sad eyes, you become a peaceful tranquil.
- He could not imagine a more peaceful scene.
- We had a peaceful afternoon without the children.
- I feel quite hopeful that a peaceful solution will be found.
- It is his fervent hope that a peaceful solution will soon be found.
- She stood at the door observing the peaceful domestic tableau around the fire.