Personal Pronouns! What is a personal pronoun? Learn personal pronouns list (subject pronouns and object pronouns) with example sentences and ESL picture.
What are Personal Pronouns?
In the grammatical sense, a personal pronoun is a pronoun that is related mainly to a particular person. Personal pronouns are not limited to people and can also refer to animals and objects.
There are two types of personal pronouns: subject and object.
When the person or thing is the subject of the sentence, subject pronouns are used.
I like to watch TV, but he does not.
Object pronouns are used when the person or thing is the object of the sentence.
Sophia likes me but not him.
List of Personal Pronouns with Examples
Subject pronouns include I, you, she, he, it, we, they. Subject pronouns replace the name of the subject in the sentence.
- I don’ t want to go home in the dark.
- You cannot judge a tree by its bark.
- She struck him on the nose.
- He studies hard to pass the exam.
- It’s so beautiful!
- We are not born for ourselves.
- They‘ve lived there for 10 years.
Object pronouns include me, you, her, him, it, us, them.
- Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.
- John will call you soon.
- Don’t tell her the truth.
- I helped him pull his boots off.
- Don’t beat it like that.
- He has transmitted the report to us.
- Miracles are to those who believe in them.