List of Pets! Learn pet names with different types of pets in English with interesting ESL animal pictures and example sentences.
Whether you are heading to the pet store in an English speaking country to buy a new pet or talking about your own beloved animal, you will need to know how to refer to the different names of pets in English. There are a whole host of pets that people keep from dogs and cats to lizards and birds. Knowing how to refer to the different types of pets will give you a huge advantage during both conversations and written English. Not only this but your vocabulary will expand greatly.
Types of Pets
Pets are domestic animals (also called domesticated animals), are tamed to live in the home.
List of Pets
- Tropical fish
Pet Names with Pet Pictures
Learn interesting list of pets in English with pictures and example sentences.
– I love cats.
– We lost two dogs.
– You wouldn’t trust the silly bastard to feed the goldfish.
– He loved his hamster more than anything in the world.
– I dropped the kitten in the water.
– The mouse moved, not me.
– He also had a parrot.
– We’ll give you a puppy.
– Most rabbits pulled out of a hat.
(plural: tropical fish)
– Fishkeepers often keep tropical fish in freshwater and saltwater aquariums.
– Some people I’ve met can keep their pets alive, but few can keep a turtle or tortoise and have them thrive.
List of Pet Names | Image
Animals Vocabulary in English
Animals Names in English
- Pet names in English
- List of farm & domestic animals
- Wild animals in English
- Mammals vocabulary with pictures
- List of sea animals in English
- Bird names with pictures
- Insect names
- Male, female and baby animals in English
- Animal group names (collective nouns for animals) in English
- Animal body parts in English with images.
Learn types of animals with American English pronunciation.