Learn useful phrasal verbs about Money in English.
List of phrasal verbs for talking about money.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- Meaning: Finish paying money owed for something
- Example: We paid off our mortgage after fifteen years.
- Meaning: Spend a lot of money on something, especially unwillingly
- Example: We’ve forked out a small fortune on their education.
- Meaning: Create lots of debt
- Example: How had he managed to run up so many debts?
- Meaning: Charge too much
- Example: Tourists complain of being ripped off by local cab drivers.
- Meaning: Not spend money
- Example: My parents are saving up for a trip to New York.
- Meaning: Save an amount of money Each month
- Example: She puts some money aside for her retirement.
- Meaning: Put something away in a secret place, especially money
- Example: The family had a large fortune squirrelled away.
- Meaning: Give someone the same amount of money that you borrowed from them
- Example: I’ll be able to pay you back next week.
- Meaning: Buy something expensive
- Example: He’s just splashed out on a brand new car.
- Meaning: Pay part of the cost of something
- Example: We put a 5% deposit down on the house.
- Meaning: To be left money by somebody who has died
- Example: She came into a fortune when her uncle died.
Useful phrasal verbs about Money.