Answer Phrasal Verbs! Learn answer back meaning, answer for meaning, answer to meaning with example sentences and ESL printable worksheets. List of useful phrasal verbs with answer in English.
Phrasal Verbs with ANSWER
Answer Back Meaning & Examples
- Meaning: Reply impertinently; to talk back
- Example: I’ll thank you not to answer back like that! Where are your manners?
- Meaning: Reply to a question at a later time
- Example: Please answer me back before the end of the week.
Answer For Meaning & Examples
- Meaning: Be held responsible for; to take the blame for something
- Example: The mayor will be answering for his crimes for many years.
- Meaning: Guarantee
- Example: I will answer for his debt, if he can’t pay on the day.
- Meaning: Vouch for (someone); to attest to the character of (someone)
- Example: She’s known me for years, and she’s always answered for me!
Answer To Meaning & Examples
- Meaning: Be accountable or responsible to
- Example: I’m above you in the hierarchy, Jim, so you should be answering to me.
- Meaning: Justify oneself to (someone)
- Example: You’re going to have to answer to all of these charges to my satisfaction.
- Meaning: Respond to (a name); to treat as one’s own name
- Example: She’s answered to Katie her entire life.
Phrasal Verbs with ANSWER | Image
Table of phrasal verbs with answer in English.
Last Updated on April 1, 2020