Start studying most useful phrasal verbs with BRING in English with Meaning and Examples.
Useful Phrasal Verbs with BRING
List of Commonly Used Phrasal Verbs with BRING
- Meaning: Cause to take place
- Example: The collapse of the gold standard brought about much of the economic turmoil of that era.
- Meaning: Accomplish, achieve
- Example: I hope to bring about a successful conclusion.
- Meaning: Bring someone or something to certain place.
- Example: I brought my uncle along to the party.
- Meaning: Persuade or convince someone.
- Example: Sam was sure he could bring them around to the deal.
- Meaning: Bring something with you when you visit.
- Example: He promised to bring the letter around in the morning.
- Meaning: Get someone talking about something.
- Example: Eventually I brought the conversation around to the subject of money.
- Meaning: Fetch something
- Example: I brought back the groceries.
- Meaning: Cause someone to remember something from the past
- Example: The smell of the magnolia brought back sweet memories of my childhood.
- Meaning: Reenact an old rule or law
- Example: In the UK it is customary to hold a vote every few years on whether to bring back the death penalty.
- Meaning: Make a legitimate rulership lose their position of power
- Example: The rebel forces are trying to bring down the president and his government.
- Meaning: Reduce
- Example: The latest budget reforms are intended to bring down the level of inflation.
- Meaning: Make something fall to the ground
- Example: He brought down a pheasant with his first shot of the day.
- Meaning: Make someone feel bad emotionally
- Example: The news of his death brought her down.
- Meaning: Produce, bear as fruit
- Example: Their orchard brings forth magnificent fruit.
- Meaning: Give birth
- Example: Queen Anne Boleyn brought forth daughters but no male heir.
- Meaning: Create, generate, bring into existence
- Example: He has the ability to bring forth new ideas when they are needed.
- Meaning: Display, produce, bring out for display
- Example: Against all expectations, the accused managed to bring forth convincing evidence of his innocence.
- Meaning: Make something happen earlier than originally planned
- Example: The meeting has been brought forward by one day.
- Meaning: Move something indoors
- Example: Could you bring in the groceries?
- Meaning: Succeed in doing something considered to be very difficult
- Example: I don’t know how, but he managed to bring off the Acme Foods deal.
- Meaning: Elicit, evoke, or emphasize a particular quality
- Example: She brings out the best in him.
- Meaning: Place (something new for public sale) on the market; roll out
- Example: Acme sweets have just brought out a tasty new chocolate bar.
- Meaning: Make a shy person more confident
- Example: His new job has noticeably brought him out.
- Meaning: Cause a visible symptom such as spots or a rash
- Example: Eating strawberries always brings me out in a rash.
- Meaning: Bring something when coming
- Example: Can you bring round some beer when you come tonight?
- Meaning: Resuscitate; to cause to regain consciousness
- Example: We thought he was going to die, but the doctors managed to bring him round.
- Meaning: Change someone’s opinion or point of view
- Example: She was opposed to the new housing development, but we eventually brought her round.
- Meaning: Restore consciousness
- Example: The smelling salts will bring him to.
- Meaning: Make something equal to a different amount
- Example: This brings your total to twenty dollars.
- Meaning: Mention
- Example: Don’t bring up politics if you want to have a quiet conversation with that guy.
- Meaning: Raise
- Example: She did well enough bringing up two sons and a daughter on her own.
- Meaning: Uncover, to bring from obscurity
- Example: A short Internet search brought up some amazing details of this story.
- Meaning: Turn on power or start, as of a machine Wait a minute while
- Example: I bring up my computer.
- Meaning: Vomit
- Example: I was very ill today; I kept bringing up everything I ate.
Useful Phrasal Verbs with BRING | Image 1
Useful Phrasal Verbs with BRING | Image 2
Phrasal Verbs List from A-Z
An Extensive List of 2000+ Useful Phrasal Verbs in English.