Learn useful phrasal verbs with CALL in English.
Useful Phrasal Verbs with CALL
List of Phrasal Verbs with CALL
- Meaning: Summon; to cause to depart
- Example: I was called away from the meeting to deal with a medical emergency.
- Meaning: Pray for; to request from God
- Example: I shall call down God’s wrath upon you!
- Meaning: Shout out in order to summon (a person)
- Example: I leant out of the back door and called for Lucy.
- Meaning: Ask for in a loud voice
- Example: We finished the main course in short order and called for more wine.
- Meaning: Request, demand
- Example: The government has called for an end to hostilities in the region.
- Meaning: Necessitate, demand
- Example: This situation calls for a high degree of courage.
- Meaning: Stop at a place and ask for (someone)
- Example: I’ll call for you just after midday.
- Meaning: Communicate with a base etc, by telephone
- Example: I was too unwell to work yesterday so I called in sick.
- Meaning: Summon someone, especially for help or advice
- Example: The government called in the army to deal with the riots.
- Meaning: Recall; to cancel or call a halt to
- Example: If you want me to call off the dog, then get off my land.
- Meaning: Visit (a person); to pay a call to
- Example: I really should call on my aunt more often.
- Meaning: Select (a student in a classroom, etc.) to provide an answer
- Example: He sat there, baffled, hoping nobody would call on him.
- Meaning: Request or ask something of (a person); to select for a task
- Example: The king called on his subjects to take up arms and defend the kingdom.
- Meaning: Have recourse to; to summon up
- Example: Exhausted, he called on his last ounce of strength.
- Meaning: Correct; to point out an error or untruth
- Example: The salesman persisted in quoting a rate higher than was listed, until we called him on it.
- Meaning: Specify, especially in detail
- Example: They call out 304 stainless steel in the drawing, but the part was made from aluminum.
- Meaning: Order into service; to summon into service
- Example: The Governor called out the National Guard.
- Meaning: Challenge; denounce; point out; charge
- Example: She called them out on their lies.
Common Phrasal Verbs with CALL | Image 1
Common Phrasal Verbs with CALL | Image 2
Phrasal Verbs List from A-Z
An Extensive List of 2000+ Useful Phrasal Verbs in English.