Phrasal Verbs with CARRY! Learn carry off meaning, carry on meaning, carry out meaning, carry over meaning… with examples and ESL picture.
Phrasal Verbs with CARRY
Below is the list of 10+ phrasal verbs with carry with meaning and example sentences.
Carry off Meaning and Examples
- Meaning: Transport away
- Example: I need a truck to carry off all this furniture.
- Meaning: Act convincingly; to succeed at giving the impression of (e.g.) knowledge, confidence, or familiarity
- Example: The actress carried off a difficult performance.
- Meaning: Cause death
- Example: Malaria carried off many people.
Carry on Meaning and Examples
- Meaning: Continue or proceed as before
- Example: I’ll be gone for a few days, but I hope you will carry on in my absence.
- Meaning: Take baggage or luggage onto an airplane, rather than check it
- Example: You may only carry on items that are smaller than a certain size.
- Meaning: Have or maintain
- Example: It is difficult to carry on a conversation with so many distractions.
- Meaning: Act or behave; especially to misbehave so as to attract attention
- Example: I really wish you wouldn’t carry on like that in public!
- Meaning: Have an illicit sexual relationship
- Example: I thought he was my friend, but all the time he was carrying on with my wife!
Carry out, Carry over Meaning and Examples
- Meaning: Hold while moving it out
- Example: We’ll have to carry the piano out of the shop.
- Meaning: Fulfill
- Example: She finally carried out her lifelong ambition when she appeared in a Hollywood blockbuster.
- Meaning: Transfer (something) to a later point in time
- Example: The rent was carried over to December.
Phrasal Verbs with CARRY | Images
Useful Phrasal Verbs with CARRY – Image 1
Useful Phrasal Verbs with CARRY – Image 2
Last Updated on April 1, 2020