Frequenly used phrasal verbs with CHECK in English.
Phrasal Verbs with CHECK in English
List of Phrasal Verbs with CHECK
- Meaning: Visit a place to check something
- Example: We checked by the office to see if the stuff was ready.
- Meaning: Confirm and pay for goods and services at a facility when leaving
- Example: I’m done shopping, so I’ll go check out now.
- Meaning: Withdraw (an item), as from a library, and have the withdrawal recorded
- Example: He checked his favorite mystery out for the twenty-third time.
- Meaning: Record (someone) as leaving the premises or as taking something therefrom, as from a library or shop
- Example: The library assistant was checking people out.
- Meaning: Examine, inspect, look at closely, ogle; to investigate
- Example: He checked out the rumor, and managed to verify that it was true.
- Meaning: Prove (after an investigation) to be the case / in order
- Example: The first two leads check out; I’ll assume the third one is also valid.
- Meaning: Verify through brief investigation or examination
- Example: I dropped by to check up on my friend.
Check up on
- Meaning: Examine or inspect something in order to determine its condition
- Example: I will check up on the car tomorrow.
- Meaning: Register on arriving at a hotel or at the airport
- Example: They checked in at the Ritz yesterday.
- Meaning: look at someone or something so that you are certain they are safe, satisfactory etc.
- Example: I sent Tom to check on the kids.
Useful Phrasal Verbs with CHECK | Image
Phrasal Verbs List from A-Z
An Extensive List of 2000+ Useful Phrasal Verbs