Phrasal verbs with CHECK in English! Learn check out meaning, check by meaning, check up meaning, check in meaning, check on meaning with examples and ESL pictures.
Phrasal Verbs with Check
Useful list of Check phrasal verbs with meaning and example sentences.
Check out Meaning and Examples
- Meaning: Confirm and pay for goods and services at a facility when leaving
- Example: I’m done shopping, so I’ll go check out now.
- Meaning: Withdraw (an item), as from a library, and have the withdrawal recorded
- Example: He checked his favorite mystery out for the twenty-third time.
- Meaning: Record (someone) as leaving the premises or as taking something therefrom, as from a library or shop
- Example: The library assistant was checking people out.
- Meaning: Examine, inspect, look at closely, ogle; to investigate
- Example: He checked out the rumor, and managed to verify that it was true.
- Meaning: Prove (after an investigation) to be the case / in order
- Example: The first two leads check out; I’ll assume the third one is also valid.
Check by, Check up, Check up on Meaning and Examples
- Meaning: Visit a place to check something
- Example: We checked by the office to see if the stuff was ready.
- Meaning: Verify through brief investigation or examination
- Example: I dropped by to check up on my friend.
Check up on
- Meaning: Examine or inspect something in order to determine its condition
- Example: I will check up on the car tomorrow.
Check in, Check on Meaning and Examples
- Meaning: Register on arriving at a hotel or at the airport
- Example: They checked in at the Ritz yesterday.
- Meaning: look at someone or something so that you are certain they are safe, satisfactory etc.
- Example: I sent Tom to check on the kids.
Phrasal Verbs with CHECK | Image
Useful phrasal verbs with Check with meaning and examples | Image
Last Updated on March 17, 2021