Useful phrasal verbs with CRACK! Learn crack down meaning, crack on meaning, crack up meaning, crack out meaning with examples and ESL printable infographic.
Phrasal Verbs with Crack
List of useful crack phrasal verbs with meaning and example sentences.
Crack down, Crack down on, Crack out Meaning and Examples
- Meaning: Enforce more stringently or more thoroughly
- Example: The authorities are trying to crack down on drunk driving during the holidays.
Crack down on
- Meaning: Enforce laws or punish (something) more vigilantly
- Example: Every year around the holidays, the police launch a campaign to crack down on drunk driving.
- Meaning: Produce in large volumes mechanically or as if by machine
- Example: The teenager spent hours cranking out volumes of bad poetry.
Crack on Meaning and Examples
- Meaning: Continue at a (normally uninteresting) task
- Example: I must crack on with my essay.
- Meaning: Continue apace
- Example: The project is really cracking on.
Crack up Meaning and Examples
- Meaning: Laugh heartily
- Example: It was hilarious. We were cracking up the whole time.
- Meaning: Cause to laugh heartily
- Example: The joke about the nuns in the bath cracked me up.
- Meaning: Become insane; to suffer a mental breakdown
- Example: She got through the war, but cracked up when her sister died.
- Meaning: Cry up; to extol
- Example: This new computer system is not what it was cracked up to be.
Phrasal Verbs with CRACK | Picture