Useful phrasal verbs with CRACK in English.
Useful Phrasal Verbs with CRACK
List of Phrasal Verbs with CRACK
- Meaning: Enforce more stringently or more thoroughly
- Example: The authorities are trying to crack down on drunk driving during the holidays.
Crack down on
- Meaning: Enforce laws or punish (something) more vigilantly
- Example: Every year around the holidays, the police launch a campaign to crack down on drunk driving.
- Meaning: Continue at a (normally uninteresting) task
- Example: I must crack on with my essay.
- Meaning: Continue apace
- Example: The project is really cracking on.
- Meaning: Laugh heartily
- Example: It was hilarious. We were cracking up the whole time.
- Meaning: Cause to laugh heartily
- Example: The joke about the nuns in the bath cracked me up.
- Meaning: Become insane; to suffer a mental breakdown
- Example: She got through the war, but cracked up when her sister died.
- Meaning: Cry up; to extol
- Example: This new computer system is not what it was cracked up to be.
- Meaning: Produce in large volumes mechanically or as if by machine
- Example: The teenager spent hours cranking out volumes of bad poetry.
Useful Phrasal Verbs with CRACK | Picture
Phrasal Verbs List from A-Z
An Extensive List of 2000+ Useful Phrasal Verbs