Phrasal verbs with Hang! Learn hang about meaning, hang on meaning, hang over meaning, hang up meaning, hang out meaning, hang together meaning with examples and ESL printable picture.
Phrasal Verbs with Hang
List of 14 commonly used phrasal verbs with HANG with meaning and examples.
Hang about Meaning & Examples
- Meaning: Stay, linger or loiter
- Example: If you hang about after the show, you can meet the cast.
- Meaning: Spend time or be friends
- Example: My daughter likes to hang about with older kids after school.
Hang on Meaning & Examples
- Meaning: Wait a moment (usually imperative)
- Example: Hang on. Let me check
- Meaning: Hold, grasp, or grip
- Example: Hang on to the handle so you don’t drop it.
- Meaning: Keep; to store something for someone
- Example: Hang on to my jacket until I get back.
- Meaning: Pay close attention
- Example: The audience hangs on his every word.
- Meaning: Continually believe in something; to have faith in
- Example: He’s got a philosophy he hangs on to.
- Meaning: Persevere
- Example: Just hang on and keep going; this pain won’t last forever.
Hang out, Hang over Meaning & Examples
- Meaning: Spend time doing nothing in particular
- Example: He hung out with his friends all day yesterday.
- Meaning: Be unyielding; to hold out
- Example: The juryman hangs out against an agreement.
- Meaning: Be threatening, to be imminent
- Example: A shadow of doubt hung over my academic future.
Hang together, Hang up Meaning & Examples
- Meaning: Be self-consistent
- Example: The story does not hang together.
- Meaning: Put up to hang
- Example: I hung up my wash on the line.
- Meaning: Terminate a telephone call
- Example: When my mother started telling me to be careful over the phone, I threatened to hang up on her.
Phrasal Verbs with HANG | Image
Useful phrasal verbs with HANG in English | Image