This lessons is about useful phrasal verbs with JUMP in English.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- Meaning: Move erratically by jumping
- Example: He was jumping around with excitement.
- Meaning: Accept something enthusiastically
- Example: I jumped at the position as soon as it was offered.
- Meaning: Leave an elevated position to a lower position by one jump
- Example: I jumped down the small flight of stairs.
- Meaning: Enter something quickly. Usually a mode of transport
- Example: I jumped in the car, and we sped off to the meeting.
- Meaning: Move from an elevated place by one jump
- Example: The cat jumped off the table.
- Meaning: Board a vehicle
- Example: Jump on a nº9 bus, and it will take you more or less to the door.
- Meaning: Attack verbally, to criticise excessively
- Example: I hate the way she’s always jumping on me for the slightest little mistake.
- Meaning: Be obviously different or special; to capture an observer’s attention at once
- Example: All are class acts, but Mary’s picture jumps out as the best overall.
- Meaning: Move from one position to a higher position by one jump
- Example: I jumped up onto the top of the wall.
Useful phrasal verbs with JUMP.