Phrasal verbs with KICK! Learn kick around meaning, kick back meaning, kick down meaning, kick in meaning, kick off meaning, kick out meaning, kick up meaning with example sentences and ESL printable worksheets.
Phrasal Verbs with KICK
List of commonly used phrasal verbs with the word KICK in English.
Kick off Meaning & Examples
- Meaning: Make the first kick in a game or part of a game
- Example: The players kick off for the third quarter and the clock starts.
- Meaning: Start; to launch
- Example: Let’s kick off this project with a planning meeting.
- Meaning: Dismiss; to expel; to remove from a position
- Example: I got kicked off the team after a string of poor performances.
- Meaning: Die or quit permanently
- Example: It’s a wonder that old dog hasn’t kicked off yet.
- Meaning: Shut down or turn off suddenly
- Example: The washer was working fine until it kicked off in the middle of a cycle.
- Meaning: Suddenly become more active
- Example: The party kicked off when the third bottle of wine was opened.
- Meaning: Be overcome with anger, to start an argument or a fight
- Example: When she called him a drunk, it was the last straw. He just kicked off.
- Meaning: Have a fight or argument start
- Example: It really kicked off in town when the team lost.
Kick out Meaning & Examples
- Meaning: Eject, throw out, or forcefully remove
- Example: I got kicked out for eating inside.
- Meaning: Stop, stall, or disconnect suddenly
- Example: I was driving and the motor just kicked out.
Kick up Meaning & Examples
- Meaning: Raise, to increase (a price)
- Example: The rent has been kicked up again.
- Meaning: Show anger (about something)
- Example: He kicked up about it when they told him the train had been cancelled.
- Meaning: Function improperly, to show signs of disorder, (of an illness) to flare up
- Example: The car is kicking up.
Kick around, Kick back Meaning & Examples
- Meaning: Abuse or mistreat; to bully
- Example: Don’t be afraid to kick it around a little. It is sturdy.
- Meaning: Wander loose; to float around; to hang around
- Example: Is this your pen I found kicking around in my drawer?
- Meaning: Relax
- Example: I’m going to stay at home on Saturday and just kick back.
Kick down, Kick in Meaning & Examples
- Meaning: Break or demolish something by physical bodily force
- Example: Some young thugs tried to kick her door down last night. She was terrified.
- Meaning: Start, connect, or take effect, especially in a sudden way
- Example: You have to push the switch hard to get the heater to kick in.
- Meaning: Contribute, especially to a collection of money
- Example: For the year-end party, we’re asking each employee to kick in twenty dollars.
Phrasal Verbs with KICK | Images
Useful phrasal verbs with KICK | Image 1
Useful phrasal verbs with KICK | Image 2
19 Phrasal Verbs with KICK: Kick back, Kick down, Kick off, Kick up…