Phrasal verbs with LIVE! Learn live down meaning, live on meaning, live out meaning, live off meaning, live through meaning, live up meaning with examples and ESL printable infographic.
Phrasal Verbs with LIVE
List of frequently used phrasal verbs with LIVE in English.
Live out Meaning & Examples
- Meaning: Not reside on the premises of one’s employer
- Example: Our nanny used to live out, but now she lives with us.
- Meaning: Live some distance away or outside of a town/city
- Example: I used to live out west.
- Meaning: Fulfill or act out a dream or fantasy or aspiration
- Example: Jackie is going to fashion school to live out her dream of becoming a fashion designer.
- Meaning: Pass time or to pass the remainder of one’s life
- Example: He is paying $200,000 a year to live out his days on a cruise liner.
Live down, Live on Meaning & Examples
- Meaning: Get used to something shameful
- Example: He has never been able to live down his electoral defeat.
- Meaning: Survive solely by consuming a certain thing
- Example: When he was in the rainforest, he lived on bugs and rainwater.
- Meaning: Endure
- Example: Her memory lives on in our hearts.
Live off, Live through, Live up Meaning & Examples
- Meaning: Survive by consuming only a certain thing or things
- Example: When I was a student, I lived off baked potatoes.
- Meaning: Survive a difficult period or event
- Example: My grandfather lived through the Great Depression.
- Meaning: Fulfill the expectations placed upon
- Example: She never lived up to her reputation.
Phrasal Verbs with LIVE | Images
Useful Phrasal Verbs with LIVE | Image 1
Useful Phrasal Verbs with LIVE | Image 2
Last Updated on April 1, 2020