List of phrasal verbs with MESS with their meaning and examples in English.
Common Phrasal Verbs with MESS
List of Phrasal Verbs with MESS
- Meaning: Misbehave
- Example: Kids! Stop messing about and do your work!
- Meaning: Be in a casual non-committal relationship
- Example: Anna and I are just messing about; this isn’t going to last.
- Meaning: Play with; to toy with; to waste the time of (a person)
- Example: Stop messing me about and give me a straight answer!
- Meaning: Fiddle idly
- Example: These guys don’t mess around! They finished the whole job in ten minutes.
- Meaning: Joke, kid, or play
- Example: Don’t mess around with electricity if you don’t understand it.
- Meaning: Have a sexual relationship, especially one which is non-commital
- Example: Rumor has it that he’s messing around with his secretary.
- Meaning: Make a mess of; to untidy, disorder, soil, or muss
- Example: The afternoon breeze messed up my hair.
- Meaning: Cause a problem with; to introduce an error or mistake in; to make muddled or confused; spoil; ruin
- Example: The change messed something up, and it’s not working anymore.
- Meaning: Botch, bungle; to perform poorly on
- Example: Well, I messed up my solo, but otherwise it was a good concert.
- Meaning: Make a mistake; to do something incorrectly; to perform poorly
- Example: She messed up on her final exam.
- Meaning: Cause (another person) to make unwanted mistakes in a given task, usually through distraction or obnoxious behavior
- Example: Stop bumping me! You keep messing me up!
- Meaning: Damage; injure
- Example: He messed up his elbow at the track meet.
- Meaning: Manhandle; beat up; rough up
- Example: Her brother’s friends messed him up a little after he cheated on her.
- Meaning: Discombobulate, utterly confuse, or confound psychologically; to throw into a state of mental disarray
- Example: That girl totally messed me up, man. I’m not sure who I am anymore.
- Meaning: Interfere with
- Example: Don’t mess with the controls. I just got everything adjusted correctly.
- Meaning: Diss; to put down
- Example: Hey! Quit messing with my brother.
- Meaning: Joke around with or dupe someone, in either a friendly or unfriendly manner
- Example: Don’t worry, I’m just messing with you.
Useful Phrasal Verbs with MESS | Image
Phrasal Verbs List from A-Z
An Extensive List of 2000+ Useful Phrasal Verbs