Learn useful phrasal verbs with PICK in English.
Useful Phrasal Verbs with PICK
List of Phrasal Verbs with PICK.
- Meaning: Overcome by skilled execution
- Example: The quarterback picked apart the secondary defense in the first half.
- Meaning: Remove by picking
- Example: Before you recycle the bottle you need to pick off the label.
- Meaning: Shoot one by one
- Example: The sniper picked off the incoming police one at a time.
- Meaning: Dispose of tasks, obstacles, opponents etc. one by one
- Example: Let’s pick off these issues starting from the top.
- Meaning: Bully, harass or make fun of a victim; to bother or harass
- Example: Hey! Quit picking on your brother.
- Meaning: Select (a person) for a task, etc.
- Example: The teacher picked on me to answer the question.
- Meaning: Distinguish
- Example: The young birds cry out for food, and the parents returning from the sea manage to pick out their own amid a mass of look-alikes.
- Meaning: Ornament or relieve with lines etc. of a different, usually lighter, colour
- Example: A dark green carriage body picked out with red.
- Meaning: Lift; to grasp and raise
- Example: When you pick up the bag, make sure to support the bottom.
- Meaning: Collect an object, especially in passing
- Example: Can you pick up a pint of milk on your way home?
- Meaning: Clean up; to return to an organized state
- Example: Aren’t you going to pick up after yourself?
- Meaning: Collect a passenger
- Example: I’ll pick you up outside the library.
- Meaning: Collect and detain (a suspect)
- Example: The cops have picked up the man they were looking for.
- Meaning: Improve, increase or speed up
- Example: Prices seem to be picking up again.
- Meaning: Restart or resume
- Example: Let’s pick up where we left off yesterday.
- Meaning: Learn, to grasp; to begin to understand
- Example: It looks complicated, but you’ll soon pick it up.
- Meaning: Receive (a radio signal or the like)
- Example: With the new antenna, I can pick up stations all the way from Omaha.
- Meaning: Notice, detect or discern, often used with “on”
- Example: Did you pick up his nervousness?
- Meaning: Point out (a person’s behaviour, habits or actions) in a critical manner
- Example: She’s always picking me up on my grammar.
- Meaning: Meet and seduce somebody for romantic purposes, especially in a social situation
- Example: He was in the fabric store not to buy fabric but to pick up women.
- Meaning: Answer a telephone
- Example: I’m calling him, but he just isn’t picking up!
- Meaning: Pay for
- Example: The company will pick up lunch with customers for sales calls.
Useful Phrasal Verbs with PICK | Picture
Phrasal Verbs List from A-Z
An Extensive List of 2000+ Useful Phrasal Verbs