Useful phrasal verbs with SEND with Meaning and Examples.
Useful Phrasal Verbs with SEND
List of Useful Phrasal Verbs with SEND
- Meaning: Dismiss from one’s presence
- Example: The salesman was taking up too much time with his nonsense, so I sent him away.
- Meaning: Send to a particular place for a long time, as a family member, an employee, etc.
- Example: We are going to send our son away to live with his uncle in America for a year.
Send away for
- Meaning: Write to a business or other organisation, requesting a thing
- Example: You can send away for a brochure about this hotel, if you like.
- Meaning: Return (something) to its origin
- Example: I sent the video back to the store, as it was damaged.
- Meaning: Remind (someone) of a previous time in the past
- Example: That song sends me back to the 1970s.
- Meaning: Suspend or expel (an undergraduate) from university
- Example: He was sent down from Oxford for theft.
- Meaning: Commit (someone) to a prison term
- Example: Eventually she was caught, and sent down for twelve years.
- Meaning: Demote a player within the levels of professional baseball
- Example: After performing poorly for the first month of the season, he was sent down to the minor leagues.
- Meaning: Send; to dispatch
- Example: Have you sent off your application yet?
Send out for
- Meaning: Make an order for something to be delivered, especially takeaway food
- Example: There’s nothing in the fridge. Let’s send out for pizza.
- Meaning: Imitate someone or something for the purpose of satirical humour
- Example: The programme accurately sends up the British Civil Service system at Whitehall.
- Meaning: Put in prison
- Example: The judge sent him up for three years.
Useful Phrasal Verbs with SEND | Picture
Phrasal Verbs List from A-Z
An Extensive List of 2000+ Useful Phrasal Verbs