Useful phrasal verbs with WORK with their meaning and examples in English.
Useful Phrasal Verbs with WORK
List of Phrasal Verbs with WORK
- Meaning: Shape, form or improve something
- Example: John’s in the studio working on the plans for the new house.
- Meaning: Exercise influence on someone
- Example: Leave it to me. I’ll try to work on the boss to give us the day off.
- Meaning: Calculate
- Example: Can you work out how to get to the university by car?
- Meaning: Make sense of
- Example: I can’t work these instructions out.
- Meaning: Smooth
- Example: This is a beta version; we’re still working out the kinks.
- Meaning: Conclude with the correct solution
- Example: These figures just don’t work out.
- Meaning: Succeed
- Example: Are you still seeing John? – No, it didn’t work out.
- Meaning: Habitually exercise rigorously, especially by lifting weights, in order to increase strength or muscle mass or maintain fitness
- Example: Wow, you’re looking good! Do you work out?
- Meaning: Used other than as an idiom: see work, out
- Example: He works out of a small office shared with three others.
- Meaning: Improve a prototype, or first draft
- Example: The estimated figures are not bad, but somebody will have to work them over.
- Meaning: Physically attack in order to cause injury
- Example: He’ll talk, once we work him over.
Work sb out
- Meaning: Understand sb’s behaviour or nature
- Example: He’s so good in fact it seems virtually no one has worked him out.
Work smt off
- Meaning: Get rid of unpleasant feelings by doing physical activity
- Example: He works off nervousness by knitting.
Work sth out
- Meaning: Understand sth by thinking about it
- Example: I can’t work him out.
Work sth out
- Meaning: Solve a problem or issue
- Example: It makes sense to get the taxman to work the figure out.
- Meaning: Deal with, resolve a problem, often emotional
- Example: He needs to work through some of the guilt he’s feeling.
- Meaning: Raise; to excite; to stir up
- Example: He worked up the public’s passions to rage.
- Meaning: Develop
- Example: I shall have worked up an appetite with all this heavy work.
Useful Phrasal Verbs with WORK | Image 1
Useful Phrasal Verbs with WORK | Image 2
Phrasal Verbs List from A-Z
An Extensive List of 2000+ Useful Phrasal Verbs in English.