Learn Places in the City Vocabulary in English with Pictures and Examples.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 Places in the City Vocabulary
- 1.1 City centre (UK)/ City center (US)
- 1.2 Car park (UK)/ Parking lot (US)
- 1.3 Telephone box (UK)/ Telephone booth (US)
- 1.4 Pavement (UK)/ Sidewalk (US)
- 1.5 Cycle path (UK)/ Bicycle path (US)
- 1.6 Traffic jam
- 1.7 Street lights
- 1.8 Crossroads
- 1.9 Flyover (UK)/ Overpass (US)
- 1.10 Underpass
- 1.11 Roundabout
- 1.12 Pedestrian crossing (UK)/ Crosswalk (US)
- 1.13 Road sign
- 1.14 Traffic lights
- 1.15 School
- 1.16 Library
- 1.17 Bookstore
- 1.18 Post office
- 1.19 Pharmacy
- 1.20 Hospital
- 1.21 Police station
- 1.22 Bank
- 1.23 Bus stop
- 1.24 Airport
- 1.25 Train station
- 1.26 Petrol station
- 1.27 Hotel
- 1.28 Church
- 1.29 Factory
- 1.30 Garage
- 1.31 Market
- 1.32 Supermarket
- 1.33 Bakery
- 1.34 Cafe
- 1.35 Restaurant
- 1.36 Clothing store
- 1.37 Shoe shop
- 1.38 Theater
- 1.39 Cinema
- 1.40 Amusement park
- 1.41 Sports centre
- 1.42 Playground
- 1.43 Bridge
- 1.44 Museum
- 1.45 Swimming pool
- 1.46 Farm
- 1.47 Park
- 1.48 Zoo
- 2 In the City Vocabulary | Picture
- 3 Places in the City | Picture 1
- 4 Vocabulary: Places in the City | Picture 2
- 5 Places in the City | Picture 3
Places in the City Vocabulary
City centre (UK)/ City center (US)
– There’s a shuttle service from the city center to the airport.
Car park (UK)/ Parking lot (US)
– John’s car was easily recognizable in the car park.
Telephone box (UK)/ Telephone booth (US)
– He vented his fury on a telephone box.
Pavement (UK)/ Sidewalk (US)
– I dropped my camera on the pavement and bust it.
Cycle path (UK)/ Bicycle path (US)
– He is riding his bicycle on the cycle path.
– Sorry we’re late. We got stuck in a traffic jam.
– The street lights are usually turned on at 7.
– The two vans collided at the crossroads.
Flyover (UK)/ Overpass (US)
– Another flyover will be opened to traffic by the end of this year.
– Keep the underpass clean.
– We leave the roundabout at the second exit.
Pedestrian crossing (UK)/ Crosswalk (US)
– They ought to stop at the pedestrian crossing.
– The road sign points left.
– The car stopped at the traffic lights.
– The school has received a large capital grant to improve its buildings.
– The library is in the centre of the town.
– I work at a bookstore as a cashier once a week.
– Look straight ahead and you’ll see the post office.
– She works at the pharmacy.
– I’m going to hospital for an X-rays.
– He works in the nearby police station.
– The bank will supply and buy back foreign currency.
– I saw Louise walking slowly to the bus stop.
– They arrived late at the airport.
– I’ll meet you at the train station.
– The driver stopped the car at the petrol station to refuel.
– Many famous people have stayed in the hotel.
– They go to church on Sundays.
– The number of workers in our factory is 300.
– He slowly backed his car into the garage.
– I usually buy all my vegetables at the market.
– I bought a bar of soap in the supermarket.
– I saw the biggest bakery in the world.
– There is a cafe on the other side of the lake.
– I’ll call the restaurant and make a reservation.
– Mary Jones bought a dress in a woman’s clothing store.
– My husband works in a shoe shop.
– Her mother never went to the theater.
– We go to the cinema about once a week.
– Last night we went to the amusement park.
– We want to go to the sports centre.
– The children are shouting and running in the playground.
– The bridge broke down in last earthquake.
– You won’t see live animals in a museum.
– She was lying on an air bed in the swimming pool.
– We worked on the farm in summer.
– The park was filled with people.
– She led the children into the zoo.
In the City Vocabulary | Picture
Places in the City | Picture 1
Vocabulary: Places in the City | Picture 2
Places in the City | Picture 3
- building Pictionary
- building voca
- building vocabulary
- buildings & shops
- buildings & shops voca
- buildings & shops vocabulary
- city Pictionary
- city related words
- city vocabulary
- city vocabulary esl
- city vocabulary words
- describing places vocabulary list
- english for kids
- english vocabulary for kids
- ESL Cities Vocabulary
- list of common public places
- list of public places vocabulary
- names of public places in english
- places around city
- places around town
- places in a city list
- Places in the City
- Places in the City voca
- Places in the City vocabulary
- places voca
- places vocabulary
- public places list
- vocabulary for kids