Plant names in English! As we all know, there are many different types of plants and even in our native language, it might be difficult to remember them all. But by learning just a few at a time, you will soon have a very good knowledge of plant names in the English language.
Whether you are looking to learn them for fun or maybe because your job requires you to be able to talk about plant names in English, this section will provide you with all the information you will need.
Types of Plants
List of plant names and tree names in English with examples and pictures. Learn these types of plants and trees to enhance your vocabulary words about plants and flowers in English.
Plants are one of the two groups into which all living things were traditionally divided; the other is animals. They include familiar types such as trees, herbs, bushes, grasses, vines, ferns, mosses, and green algae.
List of Plant Names
- Palm tree
Plant Names with Pictures and Examples
– A wildflower meadow has been created on one of the fields.
– A purple thistle sewn to the pocket of a school blazer.
– A flower has quite a complicated structure.
– They usually ate the herb raw.
– We ate mushrooms until we came to the Mekong.
– It may even look like a rather pretty weed, but it’s still a weed.
– There are people who leave the track while trying to gather a few ferns.
– Cattails make a good feast if you are near a wet, marshy area.
– Growth of the reed can choke out native water plants.
– Bamboo is a very vigorous grower.
– The ancient ivy cleaved to the ruined castle walls.
– Many gardeners have fallen in love with this attractive shrub.
– The wall was patched with moss.
– The gardener mows the grass regularly.
– The trunk of a palm tree is hollow.
– This bush grows tall very quickly.
– The farmer scattered the corn in the yard.
– Do not cut down the tree that gives you shade.
Plant Names | Types of Plants Picture
Plants and Trees Video
Learn the names of plants with American English pronunciation video lessons.