Learn plants vocabulary in English.
Plants include familiar types such as trees, herbs, bushes, grasses, vines, ferns, mosses, and green algae. A plant needs sunlight, carbon dioxide, minerals and water to make food by photosynthesis.
Plants and Trees Vocabulary
Names usually tell a lot about a plant’s shape and growing habits, that is why, gardeners and horticulturists often remember plants by their common names. These names are either derived from historical facts, formation, color or sometimes shape of the plant.
– A wildflower meadow has been created on one of the fields.
– A purple thistle sewn to the pocket of a school blazer.
– A flower has quite a complicated structure.
– They usually ate the herb raw.
– We ate mushrooms until we came to the Mekong.
– It may even look like a rather pretty weed, but it’s still a weed.
– There are people who leave the track while trying to gather a few ferns.
– Cattails make a good feast if you are near a wet, marshy area.
– Growth of the reed can choke out native water plants.
– Bamboo is a very vigorous grower.
– The ancient ivy cleaved to the ruined castle walls.
– Many gardeners have fallen in love with this attractive shrub.
– The wall was patched with moss.
– The gardener mows the grass regularly.
– The trunk of a palm tree is hollow.
– This bush grows tall very quickly.
– The farmer scattered the corn in the yard.
– Do not cut down the tree that gives you shade.