Have you ever seen the internet slang term PMA being used in an online conversation and wondered what the meaning of this slang was? If so, we are going to explain the meaning of this slang term and take a look at where it came from in the first place. We are also going to take a look at some example conversations to demonstrate how the slang term can be used.
What Does PMA Mean?
The meaning of the internet slang term PMA is “Positive Mental Attitude“, this term refers to having a positive outlook on any given situation.
Origin of PMA
Just like many other internet slang terms, PMA is a simple abbreviation of the term to which it refers.
Other meanings of PMA
There are no other meanings behind the internet slang term PMA, it only has one meaning.
There might be many instances in which you see the internet slang term PMA used in an online conversation. We are now going to take a look at some examples of the slang term being used in conversations in order to better understand how it functions.
The first conversation is taking place on the comments of a Facebook status update.
- Person 1: “I am so nervous about my job interview tomorrow, I know I’m going to bomb.”
- Person 2: “Don’t worry about it, you will do fine!”
- Person 3: “Just go in there with a PMA and everything will work out.”
- Person 1: “My world has ended, my husband has left me.”
- Person 2: “I’m so sorry to hear that, what is your plan now?”
- Person 1: “I really don’t know.”
- Person 2: “You need to keep a PMA and know that things will get better.”
The final conversation is happening between some people on a mindfulness website forum.
- Person 1: “Has anyone got any techniques for remaining calm under stressful situations?”
- Person 2: “Have you tried deep breathing?”
- Person 3: “I think if you have a PMA at all times, this will reflect in your stress levels.”
Other Ways to Say the Slang
There are other ways in which you might be able to say the internet slang term PMA, here are some examples of other things you can say in place of it.
- positive outlook
- positive thinking
PMA Meaning Infographic
Last Updated on March 18, 2020