What does PMOYS mean? If you are a frequent user of the social media site Snapchat, then odds are you have seen this phrase being used a lot. However, if you are unfamiliar with the site and are just seeing it for the first time, you are probably sitting around thinking what on earth could that possibly mean. That is probably what led you to this page and thank goodness it did! Here you find the meaning for this popular acronym, some other possible meanings for it if there are any, and the information regarding its origin. You will also find some conversation examples that show how the acronym is used correctly and some possibly synonyms if there is a way the phrase this acronym represents can be said in different ways.
What Does PMOYS Stand For?
This acronym is used to represent the phrase “put me on your story.” People use this acronym typically when the friend request someone on the popular social media site Snapchat when they want them to add them to their story to gain popularity on the site. They will often include a picture of themselves accompanied by this acronym.
Origin and Context of PMOYS
This acronym originated on the popular social media site Snapchat. It has been used since 2013, but reached peak use in 2016, so much so that people were annoyed by it and expressed the desire for it to no longer be used. However, it still is used widely today on the site.
Terms Related to PMOYS
Using the term PMOYS can lead to increased exposure on the platform for the person requesting it. Since social media acronyms have become a widespread phenomenon, it’s essential to know a few related terms to understand the context better:
- Snapchat: A social media platform where users can share stories, images, and videos with friends and followers. Content disappears after a specific duration.
- Snap: This term refers to the individual image or video sent or received on Snapchat.
- Story: A collection of snaps that users share for a specific time, often 24 hours, before it disappears.
- Streak: Maintaining a streak on Snapchat means sending snaps to a specific friend for consecutive days without a 24-hour gap.
Knowing these terms can help you better understand the context and usage of PMOYS and how it functions within the Snapchat ecosystem. By using PMOYS and other related terms, users can effectively communicate and engage within the platform.
PMOYS Examples in Conversations, Texting, Social Posts
A text message conversation between two friends
- Friend 1: I got a pmoys request from someone on Snapchat the other day and I don’t even know who they are.
- Friend 2: I would not do it if I were you. They are probably just looking for more views on their own Snapchat.
An online conversation between two Snapchat users
- User 1: (posts a picture and sends a friend request) PMOYS! This is your classmate from grade school and I just found you on here.
- User 2: Oh hey Tom! How are ya? Happy to include you in my story!
A post on social media
- Captions: “Had a blast with my squad at the concert last night! PMOYS, guys! 🎶😎”
- Comments: “Wow, that photo is amazing! PMOYS so your followers can see how awesome our trip was. ✨✈️”
More About PMOYS Terminology
Synonyms of PMOYS
Since the acronym directly relates to a specific social media site and a specific task, there are no synonyms that you could use to represent this phrase.
Before its use becoming popular on Snapchat, the acronym PMOY without the “S” was used as the acronym for Playboy magazines Playmate of the Year. The acronym is also used interchangeably to represent the phrase “put me on your Snapchat.” This relates to the same meaning stated above, just uses slightly different wording.
PMOYS Meaning Infographic
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acronym PMOYS used for on social media?
PMOYS is an acronym that stands for “Put Me On Your Story.” It is commonly used on social media platforms, particularly on Snapchat, as a request for someone to add a user’s Snapchat username or content to their public Story.
What do SFS and PMOYS stand for on Snapchat?
SFS stands for “Shoutout For Shoutout” and PMOYS stands for “Put Me On Your Story.” Both are frequently used on Snapchat to help users gain more followers or get their content seen by a wider audience. SFS typically involves exchanging shoutouts with other users, while PMOYS is more of a direct request for someone to share your content on their Story.
What is the difference between PMOYS and PMO in texting?
While PMOYS specifically stands for “Put Me On Your Story” and is primarily used on Snapchat, PMO is a more general acronym that stands for “Put Me On.” PMO can be used in various contexts, not only referring to Snapchat stories but also as a request for information or inclusion in any other form of communication or activity.
What other slang terms are commonly used on Snapchat?
Apart from PMOYS and SFS, other slang terms commonly used on Snapchat include: STS (Smash The Screen), WYD (What You Doing), and TTO (Take This Off). These terms help users communicate more quickly and informally within the app.
Can you provide examples of how to use PMOYS in a Snapchat story?
Certainly! Here are a couple of examples of how you could incorporate PMOYS into a Snapchat story:
- “Just got back from an amazing trip! 🌴 PMOYS to see all the fun we had! 📸”
- “Check out this awesome new song I found 🎧 PMOYS and let me know what you think! 💯”
Remember, using PMOYS in your Snapchat story is a way to encourage your friends and followers to include you and your content in their stories, ultimately helping to expand your audience and visibility.
Last Updated on October 11, 2023