What is another word for “positive”? This lesson provides a list of “positive” synonyms in English with ESL pictures and useful example sentences. Learn these words to use instead of “positive” to broaden your English vocabulary.
Positive Definition and Examples
Meaning of “Positive”:
Adjective: giving confidence and optimism, being full of hope
- Example: “ You need to have a more positive approach to life”
Noun: A good and optimal situation or quality
- Example: “ Look at the positives of this program, it will really help you in life”
Other Words for “Positive”
Widely used synonyms for “Positive”.
Big list of 100+ different words to use instead of “positive”.
Positive Synonyms Infographic
Another Word for Positive
Positive Synonyms with Examples
Learn another word for “positive” with example sentences.
We are now taking a more optimistic view.
Everyone’s feeling pretty hopeful about the future.
She sauntered onto the set, looking serenely confident.
We need more forward-looking political thinking.
A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance.
He seemed quite sanguine about his chances of success.
We were in a buoyant mood after winning our match.
His public speaking manner is still not very assured.
The tone of the speech was upbeat.
The medicine is an effective cure for a headache.
Someone came out with a most useful suggestion.
She made helpful comments on my work.
It’s a progressive idea.
More interesting examples with the word “positive”
- The negotiations have been conducted in a positive manner.
- Are you positive you saw me switch the iron off?
- Only one witness could make a positive identification.
- You’ve got to be more positive about your work.
- Remember, keep a positive attitude and good things will happen.
- She tried to be more positive about her new job.
- Have you got any positive proof that she took the money?
- An electron has a negative charge, a proton has a positive charge.
- The man’s worse than irritating, he’s a positive menace!
- We were greatly encouraged by the positive response of the public.
- He was thrown out of the Olympic team after testing positive for drugs.
Synonyms for Positive with Examples | Infographic