List of positive words that start with A! It’s important to include positive words in your vocabulary and in your life. Positive words can be a great way to help people focus on the good things instead of the bad. This may be something like making yourself seem as positive as possible for a resume, cheering up a friend, or doing daily affirmations of how awesome you are.
It can be hard to pull ideas for words out of nowhere, and it’s great to have a list to refer to in order to find the words you’re looking for. Below is a list of positive words that start with A. This list is broken down into three different parts of speech, and each word comes with a short, common definition. The lists are alphabetical within each category for easy reference.
Positive Words that Start with A
Positive Adjectives that Start with A
Adjectives are commonly referred to as describing words. Specifically, they describe or add detail to nouns, which are people, places, and things.
Able – Having the tools needed to do something.
- I’ll be able to work for many more years.
Abundant – Available or present in large quantities.
- The river is abundant in fish.
Adaptable – Able to change for new circumstances.
- The soil is adaptable to the growth of peanuts.
Adept – Being good at something.
- She’s very adept at dealing with the media.
Adorable – Very cute.
- He is adorable for his devotion to science.
Adventurous – Willing to try new or scary things.
- I was filled with envy at their adventurous lifestyle.
Affable – Friendly.
- He struck me as an affable sort of a man.
Alight – Shining brightly. Often figurative, as in, “alight with joy.”
- Her dress caught alight in the fire.
Alive – Someone or something living. Figuratively, full of joy of living.
- The fish we caught is still alive.
Approving – Thinking something is right or good.
- The members were unanimous in approving the project.
Attentive – Mindful of something or of someone’s needs.
- She was very attentive to her guests.
Authentic – Real.
- They have to look authentic.
Awesome – Very good. Awe inspiring.
- They had an awesome task ahead.
Positive Verbs that Start with A
Verbs are action words, the word that indicates what’s being done in a sentence.
Accomplish – To achieve or complete something.
- You can accomplish anything if you believe in it.
Admire – To find a person or thing good or positive.
- I really admire your enthusiasm.
Advance – To get further (in a goal, job, etc.)
- They are in the vanguard of technological advance.
Affirm – To restate something true, usually positive things.
- I can affirm that no one will lose their job.
Agree – To share an opinion.
- I agree with you to a certain degree.
Amaze – To inspire awe or admiration.
- He never ceases to amaze me.
Amuse – To inspire happiness or humor.
- I often amuse myself by reading.
Animate – To put into motion or bring to life.
- I like animate animals and I enjoy watching animation.
Anticipate – To expect something, usually in an excited way.
- We don’t anticipate any trouble.
Aspire – To aim to reach a goal.
- We can aspire to a higher consciousness.
Assist – To help.
- I’m sorry I can’t assist you.
Assure – To make certain, usually in a positive way.
- I assure you they’ll be perfectly safe with us.
Attain – To get, often as in a goal.
- They ought to attain this aim.
Positive Nouns that Start with A
Nouns are people, places, and things.
Acceptance – A state of being okay with a circumstance or person.
- He wrote a letter of acceptance to the university.
Achievement – A success or award.
- I rank her achievement very highly.
Accolade – An award or privilege you’ve earned.
- There is not greater accolade than that.
Action – A thing someone does.
- I am sorry I must disapprove your action.
Advantage – A way things are better.
- She had the advantage of a good education.
Alacrity – A type of being ready that is usually quick and cheerful.
- He accepted her offer with alacrity.
Alertness – A state of being quick to notice or respond
- The drug improved mental alertness.
Ambition – Desire (and generally willingness to act on) to accomplish a dream or goal.
- His ambition is to sail round the world.
Applause – Audible recognition of success or importance, usually clapping.
- He left the arena to loud applause.
Appreciation – Recognition or enjoyment of (usually good) qualities.
- She shows little appreciation of good music.
Assent – Agreement or permission.
- He gave his assent to the proposed legislation.
Attraction – A pull or desire for a person or thing.
- She felt an immediate attraction for him.
Awareness – Noticing what is happening.
- There is a general awareness that smoking is harmful.
Hopefully you’ve enjoyed this list of positive words that start with A! Have an awesome, amazing, advantageous, amusing day with abundant achievements!
Positive Words that Start with A | Image