The following article introduces a useful list of positive words that start with B. Before we get started, let’s talk some about the beautiful practice of using positive words! Using positive words is a great way to focus on the good things in life. This can get you through a rough patch, help land you that dream job, or help keep you functioning through finals.
If you’ve ever struggled to find positive words (because, let’s face it, sometimes life doesn’t provide them for us), you’ve come to the right place! Below is a list of positive words that start with B. They are categorized by what part of speech they are, and they include some common definitions. The list is also alphabetical for even quicker reference!
Positive Words that Start with B
List of Positive Words that Start with B
Positive Adjectives that Start with B
Adjectives are often labeled as describing words. They describe people, places, and things, and are a good place to start looking for positive words that start with B.
Beautiful – Pleasing (usually to the eye) or to a high standard (such as She played beautifully.).
- There is a beautiful bird in the cage.
Benevolent – Someone who is well-meaning and wants positive things to happen.
- He is always benevolent towards his countryman.
Beloved – A person, animal, thing, or place that is very loved.
- Her beloved husband died last year.
Best – The most good.
- She was voted the best female vocalist.
Better – More good than another thing.
- I guess I’d better get going.
Bonafide – Genuine.
- The rule that qualified privilege protects bonafide responses to criticism assists newspapers which offer a right of reply.
Bountiful – Plenty of a thing.
- We found a bountiful supply of coconuts on the island.
Brilliant – Very smart OR very bright.
- She had a brilliant mind.
Bubbly – A person who is happy and energetic.
- She had a bright and bubbly personality.
Positive Verbs that Start with B
Verbs are action words. They’re what’s being done in a sentence. Using positive verbs is a great way to make an entire sentence positive. It’s also helpful for resumes or performance evaluations.
Balance – Having enough positive to equal the bad.
- I lost my balance and fell backwards.
Beam – To smile in a way that figuratively radiates light.
- Our guesses were way off beam.
Become – To grow into or make yourself into.
- His dream has become a reality.
Befriend – To make friends with, often intentionally.
- We are willing to befriend the weak and the poor.
Benefit – To affect things in a positive way.
- It will be to your benefit to arrive early.
Bestow – To give, often something a person already had, such as money or an heirloom.
- You should bestow more time to work and less to daydreaming.
Bless – To endow with a positive quality or situation OR to thank profusely and wish good things on someone.
- He’s always willing to help. Bless him!
Bloom – To grow, usually a flower. Figuratively, to grow and improve or become more comfortable, typically quickly.
- The plant produced a single white bloom.
Brighten – To bring more light to a situation. Figuratively, to make things more positive.
- In the distance, the sky was beginning to brighten.
Positive Nouns that Start with B
Nouns are people, places, and things. If you want to talk about a positive thing, this section is the place for you!
Bargain – A good deal.
- We refuse to bargain over the price.
Benefactor – A person who makes good things happen for others, especially those in need.
- She was a generous benefactor to the library.
Bliss – A state of extreme happiness and satisfaction.
- What bliss to be going on holiday.
Blossom – A flower that’s grown. Can also be used as a verb with the same definition as listed in Bloom above.
- The cherry tree was covered in blossom.
Bonus – Something extra on top of what’s expected or normal, almost always positive.
- The bonus must be dealt out fairly.
Boost – An extra hand or help achieving a figurative or literal advancement.
- The movie helped boost her screen career.
Buddy – Friend.
- Catch you later, buddy!
Bravery – Courage to do what is needed.
- Your bravery has never been disputed.
Belief – The idea that something is true.
- His religious belief was always hedged with doubt.
This list should be helpful and is available whenever you need it. Be blissfully beautiful and brighten your day or your buddy’s!