This list focuses on positive words that start with C. There are so many positive words, and they’re fantastic to use in countless situations. Positive words can help with creativity, cooperation, and celebration. It can be hard to find positive words that start with C or any other specific letter, but we’re here for you! The list is sorted into three categories based on the part of speech each word belongs in. Each word also comes with a definition for easy reference.
Positive Words that Start with C
Positive Adjectives that Start with C
Adjectives describe a person, place, or thing. They add additional detail to a sentence.
- Meaning: Not experiencing upset, anger, anxiety, or other emotions that are perceived as negative.
- Example: The city is calm again after yesterday’s riots.
- Meaning: Sure, or without doubt.
- Example: Non-white people are effectively excluded from certain jobs.
- Meaning: Behaving well with someone, regardless of past hurts or arguments.
- Example: They were married in a civil ceremony in May.
- Meaning: Being able to appear high class, poised, or polished.
- Example: That’s one classy vehicle you’ve got there.
- Meaning: Pretty. Sometimes handsome.
- Example: A nervous, comely – dressed little girl stepped out.
- Meaning: Funny.
- Example: He looked highly comical wearing that tiny hat.
- Meaning: Able to do things with knowledge of the ability to succeed.
- Example: She was in a relaxed, confident mood.
- Meaning: Friendly, appealing to your own taste.
- Example: He is back in more congenial company.
- Meaning: Thoughtful, especially of others.
- Example: I think he’s the most charming, most considerate man I’ve ever known.
- Meaning: Common slang for neat or popular.
- Example: The grass was cool and pleasant underfoot.
- Meaning: Friendly, sometimes absently so.
- Example: We maintain cordial relations with our neighbors.
- Meaning: Something being right.
- Example: Your clear reasoning is quite correct.
- Meaning: Comfortable. Often warm and surrounded by soft things.
- Example: The room glowed cozy and warm in the firelight.
Positive Verbs that Start with C
Verbs are action words and let us know what’s happening.
- Meaning: To mark or measure, typically in attempt to balance or make work correctly.
- Example: The next is to calibrate the gain, using a pair of Helmholtz coils.
- Meaning: To feel interest, concern, or to be otherwise invested.
- Example: My weakness is that I care too much.
- Meaning: A soft, gentle touch.
- Example: He didn’t even begin to caress her bare leg.
- Meaning: To make someone become delighted or feel flattered.
- Example: She could charm the birds from the trees!
- Meaning: To pick the thing you want.
- Example: It is always important to choose enjoyable, nutritious foods.
- Meaning: To make someone feel better about something.
- Example: It suffices to comfort her with only a few words.
- Meaning: To say something positive.
- Example: I must compliment you on your handling of a very difficult situation.
- Meaning: To tell someone they did a good job or deserve recognition.
- Example: Permit me to congratulate you on your graduation!
- Meaning: To make something.
- Example: Students need the ability to construct a logical argument.
- Meaning: To take part in making, creating, or furthering.
- Example: Would you like to contribute to our collection?
- Meaning: To work with others.
- Example: Let’s all cooperate to get the work done quickly.
- Meaning: To be able to handle things, even if they’re bad.
- Example: She’s struggling to cope with the heavy workload.
- Meaning: To be close to a person, animal, or thing, typically touching, sometimes in an embrace.
- Example: They used to kiss and cuddle in front of everyone.
Positive Nouns that Start with C
Nouns are people, places, and things. They’re generally the subject of sentences.
- Meaning: What you are able to accomplish or achieve.
- Example: Does the company have the capability to change to meet market needs?
- Meaning: Sometimes a party, this is a recognition of something positive.
- Example: A wedding is a joyful celebration of love.
- Meaning: A gift or organization designed to help those who need it.
- Example: This charity aims to help people help themselves.
- Meaning: Happiness, joy.
- Example: A deafening cheer went up from the crowd.
- Meaning: A small laugh.
- Example: He gave a chuckle in response to her question.
- Meaning: Being awake OR what you’re aware of.
- Example: Happiness lies in the consciousness we have of it.
- Meaning: An unchanging fact. Also an adjective meaning steady or permanent.
- Example: His constant sniffing annoys me.
- Meaning: A state of being calm, happy, and lacking in desire to change things.
- Example: She gave a deep sigh of contentment.
- Meaning: Bravery, and the ability to do what is right even if it is scary.
- Example: He mustered up enough courage to attack the difficulty.
- Meaning: A pleasant thing to do for or give to someone, often something earned or something included in a purchase.
- Example: It’s a matter of common courtesy to acknowledge letters.
- Meaning: The ability to make things using imagination.
- Example: She felt her creativity was being strangled.
- Meaning: Acknowledgement of work done.
- Example: She got no credit for solving the problem.
- Meaning: A soft buffer between you and hard things
- Example: His savings were a comfortable cushion against financial problems.
Certainly, you found this list creative and composed. Refer to it as often as you need to for positive words that start with C!
Positive Words that Start with C Infographic