Positive words can be a huge help, depending on your goals! They can help you become more positive, and they can help you leave a strong, positive impression on the people you interact with, which can then change how they see you. In this lesson, you will find a list of positive positive words that start with K (adjectives, verbs, nouns) with meanings and example sentences.
Positive Words that Start with K
Positive words can help you with job interviews, school assignments, and even just your everyday interactions with those around you. It can be difficult to find just the right positive word, and even more so if you’re trying to find a positive word that starts with K; there aren’t very many of them! Luckily, we’re here to help. Below is a list of positive words that start with K. These are separated into categories and further organized into alphabetical order. This should make it easy for you to find the words you’re looking for!
List of Positive Words that Start with K
Positive Adjectives that Start with K
Adjectives are words used to modify or describe people, places, and things. Having a positive description is a great way to put a positive spin on things!
- Meaning: Sharp, or very excited to do something.
- Example: She’s very keen to learn about Japanese culture.
- Meaning: Put together, neat, tidy. Especially relating to hair.
- Example: The girls are kempt.
- Meaning: Nice, thoughtful, aware of other people’s feelings, and taking action to help.
- Example: She has such a kind, friendly personality.
- Meaning: Similar. Connected like family. Often used in the phrase “kindred spirits.”
- Example: We immediately realized that we were kindred spirits.
- Meaning: Chivalrous and important, like knights in storybooks.
- Example: We have already described the knightly love which gave rise to the songs of dawn.
- Meaning: Having a lot of knowledge about a particular subject or set of subjects.
- Example: She’s very knowledgeable about art.
- Meaning: Legitimate, proper. Also, conforming to particular dietary rules according to Jewish law.
- Example: Their business activities aren’t quite kosher.
Positive Verbs that Start with K
Verbs are action words. Verbs tell us what is going on in a sentence. Using a positive word as a verb is an effective way to make the sentence do something positive!
- Meaning: To retain something. As a noun, the value of food, shelter, and clothing for a person.
- Example: A man should keep his friendship in constant repair.
- Meaning: To break an unwanted habit or an addiction.
- Example: Don’t kick the ball into the road.
- Meaning: To (often physically) motivate something to begin or resume working.
- Example: Their coming out here is likely to kickstart philanthropy in China.
- Meaning: To joke (informal)
- Example: I tried to kid myself everything was normal.
- Meaning: To set alight or to start a fire, usually positive. Also, to inspire.
- Example: Kim had managed to kindle a little fire of dry grass.
- Meaning: To bring together. Literally, using yarn and knitting needles. Figuratively, to bring together people in various types of connections.
- Example: How long will it take you to knit up this sweater?
- Meaning: To be certain of a fact.
- Example: The most difficult thing in life is to know yourself.
Positive Nouns that Start with K
Nouns are people, places, and things. When we use a positive noun, that’s a fantastic way to focus on a positive thing! Generally, both the subject and object of a sentence are going to be positive.
- Meaning: The answer to a problem. Also, a legend explaining how to read something.
- Example: He turned the key in the lock.
- Meaning: Family
- Example: She has gone to live with her husband’s kin.
- Meaning: Fate or destiny. Often but not always used in a romantic context.
- Example: It was kismet– a combination of several events occurring to perfect karma.
- Meaning: The act of pressing your lips against someone in a show of affection.
- Example: He smiled at the remembrance of their first kiss.
- Meaning: A particular ability or skill, often innate.
- Example: He has a knack for saying the wrong thing.
- Meaning: A person who is extremely attractive.
- Example: He delivered a knockout blow to all of his rivals.
- Meaning: Compliments, in particular ones received for success or achievement.
- Example: He received kudos from everyone on his performance.
Keep kicking butt and knowing positive words that start with K! This list will be here any time you need it.