Positive words can neatly let people know that you’re a positive or inspiring person! It can leave a very nice impression to use positive words in your interactions, especially for things like job interviews or working with teachers.
If you’re searching for specific words, you may end up a little stuck, but don’t worry! We’re here for you with this list of positive words that start with N! This list is organized into what part of speech each word belongs to, and it’s also alphabetized. In addition, each word includes the most common or applicable definition or two. That makes this list a one-stop option for positive words that start with N.
Positive Words that Start with N
List of Positive Words that Start with N
Positive Adjectives that Start with N
Nearby – Something or someone close, generally in a literal or geographic sense.
- The peacocks roost in nearby shrubs.
Neat – Tidy and organized without anything out of place. Also used as a synonym for “cool.”
- She has a neat figure.
New – Something that didn’t exist previously; a starting point; a beginning.
- He brought a new book with him.
Nifty – Like “neat,” but less formal and a little more quirky.
- It’s a nifty computer game that teaches math skills.
Noble – Someone with positive, selfless qualities. Also, belonging to aristocracy.
- He died for a noble cause.
Nominated – Someone or something on a list of who or what can be voted for. The more exclusive the award, the more likely even being nominated is to be positive.
- He was nominated best actor.
Normal – Expected, not unusual, usual. Positive especially with regard to health and well-being.
- She braced herself to lead a normal life.
Positive Verbs that Start with N
Narrow – To narrow down a list is to shrink the number of options, generally narrowing things down to the best available options.
- They rode along narrow country lanes.
Navigate – To find your way from one place to another, or to help someone else do the same.
- I’ll drive, you take the map and navigate.
Neutralize – To balance, or to eradicate a dangerous substance. For example, to neutralize a poison is to render the poison ineffective.
- You will need a special chemical to neutralize the acid.
Nod – To move your head up and down to indicate an affirmative or positive response. Also, to indicate that a person is deserving of an award.
- A single nod implies an affirmation.
Notice – To take note of something; to see and register something. Often positive.
- They have pasted up a notice on the wall.
Nourish – To fill with positivity or with positive or required substances. Includes nourishing food, which is food filled with nutrients.
- They nourish animus to us.
Nurture – To care for someone or something and encourage them to thrive.
- She wants to stay at home and nurture her children.
Positive Nouns that Start with N
Nature – Things that grow or live without interference. Nature can be the opposite of in a city, such as in a forest or near a stream. It can also refer to animal and plant life as opposed to human life.
- He had an insight into human nature.
Nest – A home or a particularly comfortable, cozy place. Used officially for animals and colloquially for humans.
- The actual nest is a work of art.
Nicety – Little pieces of etiquette such as asking about the weather.
- He judged the distance to the nicety.
Niche – A specialized interest or area in which one is successful.
- I think we have found a niche in the toy market.
Nirvana – Extreme happiness or bliss; a place like heaven.
- Monied widowhood is their only nirvana.
Notification – A way of being told something has happened.
- I was given no prior notification.
Nurse – A person who helps keep people stable and healthy.
- The nurse washed and shaved him.
Never give up on new, positive words! Please feel free to refer to this list of positive words that start with N as often as you need.