Positive words are super important to include in your stellar vocabulary. Using positive words sure can help give you a positive outlook, and it can give those around you a positive impression.
Simply scouring the internet for words can take some time, so we’re here to make it simple! This list of positive words that start with S is sorted into sections. It’s also alphabetized and includes definitions so you can sort out something that suits your needs!
Positive Words that Start with S
Positive Adjectives that Start with S
Adjectives are words that describe or modify nouns. Making them positive is a good way to make things sound positive!
Safe – Out of harm’s way, where nothing can hurt you.
- Everyone rejoiced at the news of his safe return.
Sensible – Smart or logical. Can refer to a person’s choices or to their options.
- I think that’s a very sensible idea.
Simple – Not complicated.
- The basic idea is simple.
Sincere – Genuine.
- Her protests seemed sincere enough.
Smart – Being able to process thoughts or find solutions either quickly or in unique ways.
- You look very smart in that suit.
Special – Different than normal. Generally better than average, maybe one of a kind.
- This type of wood needs special treatment.
Steady – Even, unwavering, not bumpy.
- He is a steady young man.
Sumptuous – Fancy, expensive looking. Often used to refer to food.
- The interior is decorated in sumptuous reds and golds.
Super – Very good, wonderful, awesome.
- She got a super new dress.
Supreme – The best.
- It is an event in which she reigns supreme.
Sure – Certain. Also used for unwavering, as in someone’s aim.
- I’m not sure of the chronology of events.
Positive Verbs that Start with S
Verbs are action words. If a verb is positive, then your sentence is doing positive things!
Sail – Literally, to move through water propelled by wind. Figuratively, to move quickly through something without any roadblocks.
- His ambition is to sail round the world.
Satisfy – To meet someone’s needs, wants, or requirements.
- It is impossible to satisfy all your demands.
Save – To rescue. Also, to keep.
- They beached the ship to save it.
Score – To earn a point in a competition.
- My test score was low.
Select – To choose. As a noun, generally means an item you’d want to choose or that has already been chosen.
- She was very selective in the people she invites.
Share – To split things between yourself and others.
- I share a bedroom with my sister.
Socialize – To be around other people.
- She’s got lots of friends, she likes to socialize.
Succeed – To reach your goals.
- The project seemed unlikely to succeed.
Suffice – To be enough.
- Some bread and soup will suffice me.
Supply – To give things, generally in an ongoing or large-scale manner.
- They supply us with the latest equipment.
Surprise – To present someone with something unexpected and generally pleasant or fun.
- He gave a low long whistle of surprise.
Positive Nouns that Start with S
Nouns are people, places, or things. A positive noun means your sentence subject can be positive!
Sachet – A little bag of nice-smelling things.
- There was a sachet of shampoo in the bathroom.
Savior – Someone who saves people.
- They regarded him as the savior of their country.
Serendipity – A happy chance or beneficial act of fate.
- Our lives had been turned over to serendipity.
Shelter – A safe place to stay.
- They took refuge in a bomb shelter.
Slice – A small piece. While not always positive on its own, usually used for positive things: a slice of cake, a slice of heaven.
- She hungrily ate a slice of bread.
Smile – An upward movement of lips that indicates happiness.
- She cast a welcoming smile in his direction.
Society – A group of people, usually with agreed-upon guidelines.
- The basic unit of society is the family.
Solution – An answer to a question or problem.
- He doped out a solution to the problem.
Sparkle – A pinpoint or intermittent shine of light. This can be many small bits of light contributing to a bright overall effect.
- The stars sparkle in the dark sky.
Splendor – Something that appears magnificent and grand, often breathtaking. Often used for geographical description.
- They dined in a special suite in glorious splendor.
Support – Help and assistance. Can specifically be help and assistance staying upright or off the ground.
- We assured him of our loyal support.
It’s super that you sought this list of positive words that start with S! We so hope it satisfies you and supplies you with simply splendid words!
Positive Words that Start with S | Image