Are you looking for positive words that start with T? Using positive, happy, or optimistic words can be a fantastic way to make your life a little more positive. Not only does it make interactions more positive and often more effective, but it can also make your own outlook and perception more positive, too!
It can be hard to find the specific word you’re looking for, but we’re here to help! This is a list of positive words that start with T. It’s broken down according to what part of speech each word belongs in, and each section is alphabetized. Additionally, each word includes a definition, explanation of positivity, or context as required.
Positive Words that Start with T
List of Positive Words that Start with T
Positive Adjectives that Start with T
Adjectives are words that describe or modify nouns, which are people, places, and things. Positive adjectives mean that your sentence is describing something in a positive way!
- Meaning: Something that you want, in an exciting or taboo (but still desired) way.
- Example: The tantalizing smell of barbecue was in the air.
- Meaning: Pleasing to the tongue.
- Example: One should love animals. They are so tasty.
- Meaning: Determined. Like stubborn, but almost always positive connotations.
- Example: The eagle seized its prey in a tenacious grip.
- Meaning: Helpful for improvement or well-being, mental or physical.
- Example: When I was sad, music had a therapeutic effect.
- Meaning: Good attention to detail, without failing to catch things.
- Example: The doctor gave him a thorough check-up.
- Meaning: Someone who thinks things through or puts a lot of time into choosing something. Can also refer to the item that has been thoughtfully chosen, as in, “a thoughtful gift.”
- Example: She’s a very kind and thoughtful person.
- Meaning: Exciting.
- Example: This stadium has seen many thrilling football matches.
- Meaning: Neat, clean, and organized.
- Example: They sat in her neat and tidy kitchen.
- Meaning: Something or someone that is appealing even as time passes and changes.
- Example: Rothko’s paintings have a timeless quality.
- Meaning: Calm and undisturbed.
- Example: There was a tranquil expression on his face.
Positive Verbs that Start with T
Verbs are action words or the words in a sentence that tell what’s being done. Having a positive verb means your sentence is definitely doing something positive!
- Meaning: To reduce or eliminate the presence of wildness.
- Example: The Prime Minister managed to tame the trade unions.
- Meaning: To help someone learn a new idea or skill.
- Example: Thoroughly to teach another is the best way to learn for yourself.
- Meaning: To take care of or neaten something or someone.
- Example: When I’m tired, I tend to make mistakes.
- Meaning: To express gratitude.
- Example: I can hardly thank you enough for your kindness.
- Meaning: To live in a way filled with a lot of positive influence.
- Example: A business cannot thrive without investment.
- Meaning: When referring to feelings, to surge through someone in a way that resonates as music does, as in, “He was thrumming with excitement.”
- Example: The engine thrummed into life.
- Meaning: To go over something in your mind.
- Example: It is discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.
- Meaning: To rise above or beyond normal boundaries.
- Example: It was necessary for him to transcend the terms of the old conceptual system by developing a new one.
- Meaning: To have faith in a person, system, or thing.
- Example: It is an equal failing to trust everybody, and to trust nobody.
- Meaning: To attempt something, regardless of whether you succeed.
- Example: I’ll try to fit my arrangement in with yours.
Positive Nouns that Start with T
Nouns are words for people, places, and things. If you use positive nouns, you’re sure to have a positive subject!
- Meaning: Something said in a way that is unlikely to offend, or not said at all, with the goal of keeping others happy.
- Example: The situation called for considerable tact.
- Meaning: Ability to do something well, generally naturally rather than through instruction or practice.
- Example: His energy and talent elevate him to godlike status.
- Meaning: A group of people who work or play together.
- Example: The team captain vainly tried to rally his troops.
- Meaning: A process of healing body or mind.
- Example: Joining a club can be a therapy for loneliness.
- Meaning: A congratulatory or appreciative speech that is concluded by taking a sip of a drink in celebration.
- Example: I’d like to propose a toast to Mr. Smith.
- Meaning: Something used to accomplish a task.
- Example: Even in small companies, computers are an essential tool.
- Meaning: What someone has been taught about a particular skill that allows them to do well.
- Example: The school offers manual training to the pupils.
- Meaning: The feeling or experience of winning.
- Example: Winning the championship is a great personal triumph.
- Meaning: Something honest, without deception.
- Example: A thousand probabilities do not make one truth.
- Meaning: A person who helps you learn, especially one-on-one, especially in areas where you’re struggling.
- Example: You seem to be on very familiar terms with your tutor.
Today you’ve totally gone through this list of positive words that start with T. Hopefully, this turned out to be a timely and thrilling list!