Are you searching for positive words that start with V? Using positive words can impact the way you interact with others and the way you see the world around you. Positive words can help you see things in a more positive light. They can also help you leave others with a good impression of you!
It can be very important to choose the right word. We’re here to make that easier for you! This list of positive words that start with V is broken down into three sections: adjectives, verbs, and nouns. Additionally, each section is alphabetized, and each word includes a definition or a bit of explanation and context for when it might be used positively.
Positive Words that Start with V
Positive Adjectives that Start with V
Adjectives are words that describe or modify a noun, which is a person, place, or thing. Positive adjectives mean your sentence is likely making something appear very positive!
- Meaning: Legally acceptable. Also, an accepted argument or reason.
- Example: Please supply a valid user password.
- Meaning: Given respect, usually as a result of age or experience.
- Example: I prayed silently for peace to those venerable remains.
- Meaning: Speaking the truth.
- Example: Miss Stackpole was a strictly veracious reporter.
- Meaning: Able to perform in a variety of situations or roles.
- Example: He had been one of the game’s most versatile athletes.
- Meaning: As an adjective, very means exact or precise. As an adverb (a word that modifies a verb, adjective, or time), it means to a great degree.
- Example: This is the very first day my son goes to school.
- Meaning: Able to live or succeed. Can refer to living things or to less tangible things like plans.
- Example: The committee came forward with one viable solution.
- Meaning: Full of life and spirit.
- Example: Laura was an all – American type — cute, blonde, vivacious.
- Meaning: Bright, saturated, and very real.
- Example: Clare was the most vivid member of the family.
Positive Verbs that Start with V
Verbs are action words, or the word doing something in a sentence. If your verbs are positive, then your sentence is doing positive things!
- Meaning: To recognize or prove something as true or worthy.
- Example: You need an official signature to validate the order.
- Meaning: To allow more air into space or to allow tainted air out.
- Example: The important thing is to ventilate your anger.
- Meaning: To move forward, generally in a worthwhile risk, either literally as in venturing forth into the unknown, or figuratively as in venturing a guess.
- Example: When darkness fell, he would venture out.
- Meaning: To check to make sure something is true and accurate.
- Example: I can verify that it takes about thirty seconds.
- Meaning: To go see another person or place.
- Example: I’d like to visit Japan someday.
- Meaning: To picture something until it seems real, often with a goal of achieving it as reality.
- Example: I cannot visualize what he looked like.
- Meaning: To put something into words spoken aloud.
- Example: The dog vocalized his pain in a series of long howls.
- Meaning: To promise. Generally accepted as even more important than a normal promise.
- Example: Borrowing thematically from Medea, this world premiere unfolds as she attempts to derail the wedding, prompting Cortez to vow revenge.
Positive Nouns that Start with V
Nouns are people, places, and things. When your nouns are positive, so are your subjects and objects!
- Meaning: An intentional break from normal, daily obligations. Can include leaving home to visit somewhere else for relaxation.
- Example: All summer vacation long they just bummed around.
- Meaning: How much something is worth, either monetarily or otherwise.
- Example: The value of life lies not in the length of days, but in the use, we make of them.
- Meaning: Something bright and full of life and color.
- Example: She was a woman with extraordinary vibrancy and extraordinary knowledge.
- Meaning: A win.
- Example: Our baseball team chalked up another victory.
- Meaning: A quality that people consider morally good.
- Example: Virtue and happiness are mother and daughter.
- Meaning: Someone particularly talented in a specific area, generally music or art.
- Example: He was gaining a reputation as a remarkable virtuoso.
- Meaning: A state of being full of life.
- Example: Despite her eighty years, Elsie was full of vitality.
- Meaning: Someone who gives freely of their time to help others.
- Example: He enlisted as a volunteer in the army.
Verily, you’ve verified this list of positive words that start with V as valuable. Review it as often as you’d like to visit this list!
Positive Words that Start with V | Infographic