Prepositions for Kids! Prepositions with Pictures! Learn English Preposition pictures with example sentences, videos and ESL worksheets. Learn prepositions of place and movement for kids.
Prepositions with Pictures for Kids
Prepositions of Place
Prepositions for kids: list of Prepositions of Place with examples.
- In – My parents live in New Zealand now.
- On – The town is right on the border.
- Under – We slept under the open sky.
- Next to – The hotel is situated next to the lively bustling port.
- Between – There is a gulf between the two cities.
- Among – I enjoy being among my friends.
- In front of – They massed in front of the city hall.
- Behind – The horse fell behind in the race.
- Above – Our friends in the apartment above us are really noisy.
- Below – He dived below the surface of the water.
- Near – There is a bush near the school playground.
- Far from – The children don’t go far from home.
- At – I was waiting at the bus stop.
Prepositions with Pictures and Examples
Learn prepositions with pictures: prepositions of place list
Meaning: Used to say exactly where something or someone is
Example: I saw a cat at the window.
Meaning: Higher than something else, but not directly over it
Example: There’s a cat above the dog.
Meaning: Lower than something else
Example: The dog lies below the cat.
Meaning: Touching a surface or being supported by a surface
Example: A dog lies on the rug.
Meaning: Lower than (or covered by) something else
Example: There is a dog under the desk.
On top of
Meaning: On the highest surface of something
Example: There was a cat on top of the table.
In front of
Meaning: Further forward than someone or something else
Example: The cat was in front of the fireplace.
Meaning: Something in the middle of two objects or things (or places)
Example: There is a mouse between the cats.
Meaning: Into a container, place etc
Example: You’ll find a mouse in the drawer.
Meaning: Further forward than someone or something else.
Example: The dog came and sat next to the boy.
Meaning: At the back (part) of something
Example: This dog still sat behind the chair.
Prepositions for Kids: Prepositions of Place Image 1
Prepositions for Kids: Prepositions of Place Image 2
Prepositions for Kids: Prepositions of Movement
List of Prepositions of Movement in English with examples.
- Down – It’s easier to run down the hill than go up.
- Up – She doesn’t like riding her bike up these hills.
- Out of – He jumped out of the window.
- Into – Don’t put new wine into old bottles.
- Toward – She was carrying a suitcase and walking towards.
- Away – Dinah was crying as she drove slowly away.
- Past – You drive past the stadium on your way to work, don’t you?
- Over – The hotel is over the bridge.
- Onto – I slipped as I stepped onto the platform.
- Off – I must be off now.
- Around – Her hair whipped around her face in the wind.
- Under – The pen fell under the desk.
- Along – We went for a walk along the beach at twilight.
- Across – The boys swam across the lake.
- Through – The Charles River flows through Boston.
Prepositions with Pictures: Prepositions of Movement Image
In this section, we are going to show you some preposition words and phrases that you can add to your English vocabulary which do not fit into any other category. This is a great way to expand your general understanding of the language and add words and phrases that can be used in a variety of situations. In addition to this, you will have the opportunity to link each word or phrase to an image which is a proven way of helping you to remember them more easily.