Learn English Prepositions with Pictures: Prepositions of Movement, Position and Place illustrated with pictures and examples.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
Prepositions with Pictures: Prepositions of Place
Prepositions of Place Vocabulary
- In – My parents live in New Zealand now.
- On – The town is right on the border.
- Under – We slept under the open sky.
- Next to – The hotel is situated next to the lively bustling port.
- Between – There is a gulf between the two cities.
- Among – I enjoy being among my friends.
- In front of – They massed in front of the city hall.
- Behind – The horse fell behind in the race.
- Above – Our friends in the apartment above us are really noisy.
- Below – He dived below the surface of the water.
- Near – There is a bush near the school playground.
- Far from – The children don’t go far from home.
- At – I was waiting at the bus stop.
List of Prepositions of Place | Picture 1
Prepositions of Place Vocabulary | Picture 2
Prepositions of Movement
Vocabulary: Prepositions of Movement
List of Prepositions of Movement
- Down – It’s easier to run down the hill than go up.
- Up – She doesn’t like riding her bike up these hills.
- Out of – He jumped out of the window.
- Into – Don’t put new wine into old bottles.
- Toward – She was carrying a suitcase and walking towards.
- Away – Dinah was crying as she drove slowly away.
- Past – You drive past the stadium on your way to work, don’t you?
- Over – The hotel is over the bridge.
- Onto – I slipped as I stepped onto the platform.
- Off – I must be off now.
- Around – Her hair whipped around her face in the wind.
- Under – The pen fell under the desk.
- Along – We went for a walk along the beach at twilight.
- Across – The boys swam across the lake.
- Through – The Charles River flows through Boston.