The word “psyched” is a form of slang used on the internet in chat and conversations through text. Contained in the information below, you will find the meaning of this term and possible other meanings if there are any.
You will also find information about this term’s origin and see the word used properly in some example conversations. Suggestions will be highlighted at the end so that you will know some other ways this word can be said to convey the same message.
What Does Psyched Mean?
The internet slang term “psyched” means to be excited about something, amped up about something or eagerly anticipating the arrival of something.
Origin of Psyched
There is no available information regarding the origin of this slang term.
There are currently no other meanings known for the slang term “psyched” either.
An online conversation between two game players on the internet:
- Player 1: Did you hear?
- Player 2: Hear what?
- Player 1: They are coming out with the next version of this game in the fall!
- Player 2: No way!
- Player 1: Yeah man! They dropped the news this morning. I am psyched!
- Player 2: Me too, now that I know about it!
A text conversation between two school friends:
- Friend 1: Hey, we are still on for the movies this weekend to check out that new horror flick right?
- Friend 2: Of course! I can’t wait!
- Friend 1: Me neither! I was talking to Erica about it the other day and she said it was great! I am psyched!
- Friend 2: Yeah, Ryan told me it was the best horror movie he has seen in years. I am too!
Alternatives to “Psyched”
There are several different words you could use in place of the word “psyched” to convey the same meaning. Some of these include:
- amped up