Retirement is a major milestone in life, and it deserves to be celebrated, having worked diligently and faithfully in pursuit of your career goals. Although saying goodbye can be difficult, expressing your best wishes and congratulations to someone special on their retirement can help them feel appreciated and valued.
What Is the Purpose of Retirement Wishes
The purpose of retirement wishes is to congratulate the retiree for all their hard work over the years and to wish them a happy, healthy, and relaxing retirement as they begin a new chapter in life. Here are some thoughtful messages you can use to express your congratulations and good retirement wishes on this special occasion.
- “It is better to live rich than to die rich.” – Samuel Johnson
- “The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.” – Vince Lombardi
- “The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.” – Abe Lemons
- “Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
- “There is a whole new kind of life ahead, full of experiences just waiting to happen. Some call it ‘retirement.’ I call it bliss.” – Betty Sullivan
- “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” – Mark Twain
Retirement Wishes 2
List of Retirement Wishes
Short Retirement Wishes
- You have left a good legacy of a commendable work ethic and a charming personality. I will miss your guidance and mentorship. Wishing you good health and lots of joy as you take on this new chapter of your life.
- May you enjoy every minute of this new stage of your life, and I hope this retirement gives you a better chance to bond with your family and friends. Just don’t forget your old friends, and keep in touch!
- Sadly, we are partially parting ways, but I will hold on to the fond memories we shared throughout the years. I am glad to have worked with you, and I wish you all the best in your retirement.
- You’ve been a wonderful colleague, mentor, and friend. You have left a lasting mark on our team with your intelligence and compassion. Enjoy retirement and all the freedom it brings!
- Goodbye to all the pressure, welcome the endless leisure.
- Here comes a lifetime of weekends, enjoy!
- We were so lucky to have you. Now it is your family’s turn.
- Congrats! May this retirement be the best part of your life.
- May your dreams come true as you begin your retirement.
- Your retirement just began. Live it, love it.
- I hope you enjoy the life ahead. Happy retirement.
- Dear world, here comes the most warm-hearted retiree ever. Be kind to her.
- Finally, you have earned your retirement! You now have time for all your hobbies.
- Congratulations on your retirement. Let us keep in touch.
- Congratulations on earning this retirement. Wishing you happy times.
Funny Retirement Wishes
- As you gather your stuff to go home, please pack as much enthusiasm and energy as you can so that your retirement journey will be full of fun and joy!
- Retirement is not the end of work. It’s the beginning of not having to work! Your perks are now unlimited naps during the day and long Netflix binges!
- You have worked for too long, it’s time to relax, sit back and just enjoy life. Don’t worry about work, it can wait for you!
- You don’t have to be serious at work anymore! Now you can be as silly, goofy, and crazy as you want without anyone telling you to behave. Enjoy your retirement!
- You are a great employee, and your ability to deliver was amazing. I wonder whether your ability to relax will be equally awesome.
- We did not bargain for your retirement, buddy. Who’s going to cover up for me when you leave?
- The good thing about retirement is that you become your own boss. What’s more, you don’t need to deal with employee issues. So, enjoy!
- You always kept us on our toes and encouraged us to give our best, boss. I doubt we can do as much without the pressure.
- Welcome to retirement life, where you set the alarm to schedule sleep, and your work is to rest.
- You have been doing one job tremendously well lately– brightening the office mood with your interesting encounters. Methinks you should write a book on your adventures, especially now when you have all the time!
- Our department loses one chatty employee to retirement. I guess that means increased productivity but also increased boredom. We shall surely miss you.
- Though we are reluctant to let go of you, one positive thing comes with your retirement. You will do no work, yet you won’t have to sweat over missed deadlines! Happy resting.
- Retirement means accessing your life savings without being judged. May you find fulfillment in whatever you invest your time, money, and energy in.
- Goodbye to the coats and ties. You are all officially retired!
Retirement Wishes for a Friend
- I hope that this retirement gives you a better chance to bond with friends and family. Just don’t forget that we are friends that became family. Happy retirement!
- Retirement is about spending less time with colleagues and more time relaxing with friends and family. I am glad that our friendship gives us the privilege to be together even after you retire. To more happy times!
- I can’t believe I will be working as you nap. That’s not what friends do. Enjoy your retirement.
- Finally, the day to retire has come. Remember to schedule me as you make plans for all the stuff we love doing together.
- You won the retirement race first, but I still get to earn a salary. How about a weekend outing before you leave the city? All bills on me.
- Let me take you out, and we’ll toast your second act in style.
- Wishing you a retirement full of health, happiness, and friendship.
- Wait, are you old enough to retire? And if you are, does that mean I am too? Party time!
- We were friends first, then friends and co-workers, and now back to just friends again—and I couldn’t be happier!
- Congrats on retiring! Does that mean the next round of drinks is on you (to celebrate) or on me (because I’m the one who still has a salary)?
- Now that you’re done with managing crews, let’s see how you manage a cruise! May all your sailing be smooth from here on out.
- Live. Love. Retire. Then laugh.
Retirement Wishes for a Boss
- Retirement is a time of self-reflection. As you begin yours, I hope you realize how much of a blessing you have been to me. Happy relaxation, Sir.
- It is sad that we are partially parting ways, but I trust that your guidance is sufficient to keep me going. Enjoy your retirement, Ma’am.
- You have left a good legacy of a commendable work ethic and excellent service. We hope that you will continue to impact society with your great enthusiasm.
- You have completed a successful career. It is time for well-deserved rest and relaxation.
- The workplace will not be the same. We will miss your guidance and humor. I hope that you won’t stop sharing your pieces of advice and funny jokes because the world needs them. Enjoy this lifetime rest.
- It is not every day that you get a boss who is also a great support. Thank you for the constant advice, discipline, and motivation which has helped me progress in my career. As you retire to be with the folks you love, I hope you experience a similar support system. Happy retirement.
- When I think about what success means, I think of you. Congratulations.
- You’re leaving behind some pretty big shoes to fill. Looks like we’re going to have to go shopping.
- How do you tell the difference between a boss, a leader, and a friend? When it comes to you, there isn’t one.
- You’re proof that it doesn’t take someone bossy to be a boss. Your calm reassurance and dedication will be missed more than you know. Congratulations!
Retirement Wishes for a Coworker
- You are now retired. So much fun lies ahead, and I hope you get to relish every part of the fun.
- As the wine gets finer with time, so are you. You are at your finest time to start this retirement life. Enjoy!
- You have always given the best in every project you do. How about putting that kind of effort in with nothing to do? Enjoy your retirement.
- You are one of the best colleagues I have worked with. How I wish I could still hold on to you. Happy retirement.
- Congratulations, you are now free. No more meetings, no more deadlines, and no more bossy bosses. Enjoy your retirement.
- Special memories, moments, or events
- Wishes for their success as they transition to the next phase of life.
- Things just won’t be the same without you. Good luck!
- Success is the result of hard work and determination. Thank you for bringing both of those things (and more) to this role. Good luck to you.
- Retirement isn’t goodbye. It’s a fond farewell and wishes for a wonderful future ahead.
- Thank you for all you’ve brought to this job, but more than that, thank you for being you. Things just aren’t going to be the same without you.
- Work isn’t a place. It’s where people like you make a difference in the lives of people like me. I couldn’t be more grateful.
Retirement Wishes for a Long Time Colleague
- I have seen you rise through the career ranks, and I think this is the best promotion ever! Congratulations to the newest retiree in town.
- I will miss you dearly. I look forward to keeping in touch with you as you proceed with your retirement.
- As you begin this new life, I want you to remember that you are not too old to make new goals. Go for the things you want because you deserve them.
- I hate saying goodbyes because they make me cry. Yet, I would rather your last memory of me be a happy face. Therefore, I am writing this message to present this retirement card with a smile. If you see my tears, know it is because of the sweet memories together. Chao!
- Congratulations on your retirement. You have worked so hard to earn this milestone. May this new journey refresh and strengthen you.
- Today you begin an endless holiday, and I am so excited for you. Wishing you the best of times.
- Your career ride may have been a roller coaster. We have gone through tough times, but we have seen better days. Now look who made it first! Congratulations on your retirement.
- You have reached an incredible level of freedom. No more daily commutes and no more waking up so early. Can we trade places?
- Retirement marks the end of a familiar phase and welcomes you to the new and exciting life you hope for. May you find joy in your retirement.
Retirement Wishes for a Mentor
- You are such a gem! I will be forever grateful for the great work relationship I have had with you. You have challenged me and helped me to grow professionally. I just didn’t realize that so much time had passed and that you will soon leave. I hope you enjoy this much-deserved rest.
- Your dedication to the company is unrivaled. I have personally benefited from your coaching and mentorship. I hope you enjoy your retirement life.
- If today I met you for the first time, I would not tell that you are retiring. I admire your zeal for inspiring and mentoring me to grow, and I hope you will spend that enthusiasm on the things you love to do. Happy retirement.
- Congratulations to someone who made it all the way to the top — and made it look so easy. I can’t wait to see what comes next.
- We couldn’t find enough words to thank you for being you, so we got you a gift card instead. Best of luck!
- Because of you, we aimed higher, performed better, and became the best version of ourselves. Thank you for all of that and more.
- The best things in life aren’t things at all — they’re having someone like you for a boss. I consider myself so lucky.
- It’s with sincerest appreciation that I wish you the best of luck and thank you for all you’ve done for me. I hope you can kick back and enjoy the reward of a job well done.
Retirement Wishes for a Family Member
- You’ve always set a great example for me in your career, and I know whatever you do next will be equally great.
- I’m excited for all the new opportunities in your life. Happy retirement.
- My heart is overflowing with happiness and joy for you. Congrats on this milestone moment.
- There’s so much fun and adventure ahead of us—cheers to your retirement!
- You are successful in everything you put your mind to, and I have no doubt that retirement will be just the same.
- I know your company is sad to lose such an amazing worker, but know that your family is overjoyed to spend more time with you. Here’s to retirement!
- I love you, I admire you and I’m so proud of you and everything you’ve accomplished. Huge congratulations on a job well done.
- I can’t think of anyone more deserving of love, happiness, and good health. Wishing all of this and more for you in your retirement!
- Wishing you the happiest, most relaxing retirement.
- Wave bye-bye to tension and hello to your pension!
Retirement is a huge milestone in a person’s life and should be celebrated. Retirement wishes help retiree leave their job on a positive note and feel appreciated for their years of hard work. It is important to show appreciation by sending the retiree thoughtful messages wishing them a healthy, happy, and relaxing retirement. Consider using the retirement wishes above to express your congratulations and best wishes to the retiree in a meaningful way.
Retirement Wishes 3
- Rapport Meaning: What Does the Term “Rapport” Mean? - November 28, 2023
- Solidarity Meaning: What’s the Definition of the Term “Solidarity”? - November 28, 2023
- Compassion Meaning: What Does “Compassion” Mean? - November 28, 2023