Run Synonym! List of 100+ useful synonyms for run with examples and ESL image. Learn these run synonyms to enrich your vocabulary in English and improve your writing skills.
Run Definition and Examples
Meaning of Run:
The word run can be used as a verb or a noun depending on the context. The noun form of the word means the act of running or a predetermined journey taken by a vehicle of some sort along a planned path. The verb form of the word means to accelerate the body to speeds that are faster than just walking.
- My dog loves to run outside.
- I love to run because it is a great exercise.
- My favorite time to go for a run is on a fall morning where the air is crisp and the leaves are falling.
Synonyms for Run
Commonly used synonyms for Run.
- Go/go jogging
A large list of 1o0+ different words to use instead of “run”.
- Carry on
- Go/go jogging
- Make off
- Run around
- Run away
Run Synonyms with Example Sentences
- Meaning: To go somewhere very quickly
- Example: He made frantic dash for the departing train.
- Meaning: To move quickly with short light steps
- Example: She loves to scamper through the woods.
- Meaning: To run with quick short steps
- Example: The rats scurry around, searching for scraps of food in the rubbish.
- Meaning: To move suddenly and quickly in a particular direction
- Example: I watch him dart into stores in his gleaming leather shoes.
- Meaning: To move or go somewhere very fast
- Example: Anna spends her time zooming around the city.
- Meaning: To move or to do something with great speed, often too fast
- Example: We’ll rush it round today if poss.
- Meaning: To go or move somewhere quickly
- Example: They hastened back to New York.
- Meaning: To move along quickly
- Example: We’ll never get there if he doesn’t speed up.
- Meaning: To move quickly in a particular direction
- Example: Hurry up or we’ll miss the train.
- Meaning: To move or travel from one place to another
- Example: I have to go to Thailand on business.