What does Sapiophile mean? Learn the definition, how and when to use this internet slang term with useful conversation examples and ESL printable infographic.
What Does Sapiophile Mean?
A slang term that means a person who finds intelligent people the most attractive. It is not always just sexual attraction but can be a deeper romantic attraction. One of the fastest and easiest ways for an individual to explain to the rest of the world what sort of partner that is desired.
Origin of Sapiophile
The origin of the slang term, ‘sapiophile’ was seen in the early part of 2011. This is another word that has seen a place in language within the world of social media. This generation of individuals that find the need to describe or phrase something in the shortest way possible. 2016 showcased the word on Plenty of Fish, a website for dating that used a set of words to describe an individual’s personality.
Some examples of this internet slang word in use.
- Forum User 1: Hi how is everyone doing?
- Forum User 2: Good. HBU?
- Forum User 3: Yeah not bad at all.
- Forum User 1: I’m doing great thank you.
- Forum User 2: I’m glad you got online finally.
- Forum User 1: Aww, thank you.
- Forum User 2: You are my sapiophile.
Here you have a group chatting on an online forum. The guy basically says he is excited the girl finally got back online because he thinks of her as his perfect match, his ‘sapiophile’.
- hbu – How About You or How Bout You
- Texter 1: OMG OMG He dumped me!
- Texter 2: Wow really?
- Texter 1: Yeah, he says I was clingy.
- Texter 2: Don’t worry you will find your sapiophile.
- Texter 1: Thank you, you always know just what to say.
Friends talking and one tries to reassure the other. They tell them that even after a breakup, there are plenty of fish in the sea and she will find her true match.
- omg – Oh My God or Oh My Gosh
Sapiophile Meaning Infographic