Shoe Names! List of shoe vocabulary words with pictures and example sentences. In English, there are a big selection of words which are used to refer to different shoes. Learning these names will help you by allowing you to talk about different shoes, which can prove extremely useful in situations such as shopping. Knowing shoe names in English can also be very handy if you work in an industry where this type of knowledge is required, for example in shoe retail or fashion.
Shoes Vocabulary Words
- Knee high boots
- Cowboy boots
- Wellington boots
- Timberland boots
- Work boots
- Laced booties
- Scarpin heels
- Court shoes
- Mary Jane Platforms
- Cone heels
- High heels
- Kitten heels
- Business shoes
- Derby shoes
- Monk straps
- Old skool
- Boat shoes
- Sneakers (U.S)/ Trainers (U.K)
- Roller skates
- Climbing shoes
- Running shoes
- Hiking boots
- Flip flops
Names of Shoes with Pictures and Examples
Learn names of shoes to increase your vocabulary in English. A shoe is an item of footwear intended to protect and comfort the human foot while the wearer is doing various activities. Shoes are also used as an item of decoration and fashion.
There are a wide variety of different types of shoes. Most types of shoes are designed for specific activities.
Knee high boots
– My knee high boots are small in comparison with my sister’s.
– How many pairs of boots do you have?
– He wore cowboy boots the entire time I was growing up.
– I was trying to scrape the mud off my wellington boots.
– My new uggs got ruined in the mud.
– The Timberland boots are under the bed.
– Work boots are no good if they let in water.
– The green of your scarf tones in with your Laced booties.
– The scarpin heels are under the bed.
– Could I try these court shoes in a bigger size?
Mary Jane Platforms
– These tight Mary Jane platforms have given me blisters on my ankles.
– These new stilettos are not very comfortable.
– Wedges are only sold in pairs.
– She wore a severe black dress, and cone heels.
– These high heels will do for the party.
– New pair of Lita always give me blisters.
– These kitten heels are a perfect fit.
– The business shoes which I bought last week came to $100.
– He was sitting on the bed lacing up his derby shoes.
– Take off your monk straps so you don’t mark the floor.
– I’ve got my old skool and I’m good to go.
– A new pair of boat shoes wouldn’t come amiss.
Sneakers (U.S)/ Trainers (U.K)
– I must whiten my sneakers.
– Roller skates like that don’t come cheap.
– He took off his climbing shoes.
– The running shoes are very durable.
– My hiking boots are too heavy.
– I like these flip flops.
Shoes Vocabulary Words | Shoe Names Picture
Types of Shoes
Learn different types of shoes in English
- List of shoe names with pictures.
- Types of heels in English.
- Types of boots with pictures.
- Athletic shoes vocabulary in English.