The slang term “slag” is one that may be unfamiliar to you unless you have spent time overseas or know someone who uses the term that has lived or spent time overseas. Regardless of why you are searching for the definition of this term, you have come to the right spot. Here you will find the definition of this phrase, along with details about its origin if they can be found, and some other meanings this term may have.
Some example conversations are provided for your convenience as well so you can see how the phrase is used in a real life scenario. In conclusion, you will learn of some words that share the same meaning and that you can use as replacements for this word in conversation without skewing the message you are trying to convey.
What Does “Slag” Mean?
This slang term is used to describe a person, typically, female, who sleeps with a lot of men. It is the British equivalent of the US slang term “slut” or “b*tch.”
Origin of “Slag”
This slang term was first used in the derogatory manners stated above in the 1970s. It was first used and primarily used as an insult in UK.
The term has one other meaning that is known and it is defined as the shavings of metal when it is being cut.
A discussion via text message between two friends.
- Friend 1: I am thinking of asking Vanessa to go to the dance with me this Friday.
- Friend 2: Why, dude? She is such a slag! I would not give her the time of day.
- Friend 1: You don’t even know her.
- Friend 2: I know what I hear and that’s enough.
An online discussion between two Instagram users.
- User 1: (posts a picture) My new shorts! Aren’t they awesome?
- User 2: OMG! Girl, put some clothes on! Those shorts are too short! You look like a slag!
Synonyms for “Slag”
There are several words that you could use to replace this term in a conversation that would not change the meaning of the message you are attempting to convey. Some other words you could use include:
“Slag” Meaning Infographic
Last Updated on March 31, 2023