What does SMDH mean? Learn the definition, how and when to use this internet acronym with ESL infographic and useful conversation examples in English.
What Does SMDH Mean?
SMDH stands for “Shaking My Damn Head”.
The term is a variation of the more common ‘smh‘ slang term. It adds the curse word, damn to the mix. Shaking my head now becomes shaking my damn head. Other meanings for ‘smdh’ can take a different turn, it can mean ‘shaking my dic* hard’. It depends on the user and the situation in which meaning is intended. The definition helps the user tell the world a situation is too far-fetched or ridiculous that it needs an extra shake of the head.
- smh – shaking my head
Origin of SMDH
The beginnings of the term ‘smdh’ are part of those created by the powers of Instagram, Twitter, and other social media worlds. It is one of the countless slang terms that the new world of social connections has created.
Here are some examples of how this internet slang word is used.
- Texter 1: Did you get your school report card today?
- Texter 2: Yeah, hbu?
- Texter 1: Not yet.
- Texter 1: How did you do?
- Texter 2: Not good, not good at all.
- Texter 1: smdh, your parents freak out?
- Texter 2: You have no idea…
A couple of kids talking about their report cards and when one says he didn’t do well the other can’t help but use ‘smdh‘ before asking how badly the other kid’s parents freaked out.
- hbu – How Bout You or How About You
- Forum User 1: I did it, I finally beat the boss.
- Forum User 2: Cool, I did yesterday.
- Forum User 3: ME TOO!
- Forum User 4: I haven’t yet.
- Forum User 1: It’s all good man.
- Forum User 5: smdh, You all suck I beat it months ago.
On an online game forum page you find people talking about beating a boss, when an existing player who found the game easy can’t help but tell them they are suck as he shakes his head.